Purple patch

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I think I just found my patch for the year so I'm going to blow my own trumpet here since the wife doesn't care.

Started on the 24th June with a 40 pointer round off 18 and a 0.9 cut (CSS 37) on a Saturday at an open at Newtownstewart. I was on 18.4 so didn't drop a shot.

Next rounds at my home course City of Derry was a 36 on the 29th followed by another 40 pointer on the 1st of July in tough conditions were CSS went to 35. So a 1.5 cut to 16 exact. Then 3 days away with Smange.

A shocking 26 points at County Louth on Monday with a very poor back 9 and felt out of sorts so that will be 0.1 back. Then Headfort New I shot 33 points but CSS was 33 so I was actually bang on handicap again. Finally 38 points at Concrawood yesterday (with 3 lost balls from the tee where I managed to par my second balls). I thought I was going to see another wee 0.3 cut. Nope. Visitor CSS dropped to 34 points so a -4 differential. A 1.2 cut coming my way and since my previous 40 pointer triggered ESR I should see another 1 shot cut on top of that.

Should be a total cut of 4.5 over 6 rounds of golf when all is processed. I'm delighted. Just hope I can keep it going now.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where is the real Bob and what have you done with him?

All joking aside mate, excepting Co Louth, you've played really well recently and it's been coming for a while and don't forget you also would have had 37 points round Royal Portrush had it been singles.