Pulling Putts.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a bad putting day today....So much so that it cost me a place to qualify for the 9 hole evening competition......

From what i could see the majority of the putts i missed were pulled....Its a common miss for me long with leaving them short.
Just wondering is there a decent fix for it.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't want to go abroad ???

Try the chair drill if they are all missing left

[video=youtube;vsTLHVK9DqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsTLHVK9DqY&list=UUFeb2vdftHQESr49G8ZorhQ& index=4&feature=plcp[/video]

Thanks Bob.:thup:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Might be a silly suggestion, but are sure you're pulling them and not just aiming left?

Different styles of putter can give different optical illusions to different people. Also not having your eyes anywhere near over the ball might cause you to aim offline.

A well known PGA Pro got me to aim at the hole from about 8' away then when I was set he took the putter off me holding it in the position I'd set.
I went around behind the line and was shocked to see I was aiming about 6" left!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
had this a few weeks back kid, went down the putting green , i put down 2 tees just wider than the putter head , ball in the middle , if you dont stroke it straight through you hit the tees , ..

No stats or anything to back it up , but it Helped me ,

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Might be a silly suggestion, but are sure you're pulling them and not just aiming left?

Different styles of putter can give different optical illusions to different people. Also not having your eyes anywhere near over the ball might cause you to aim offline.

A well known PGA Pro got me to aim at the hole from about 8' away then when I was set he took the putter off me holding it in the position I'd set.
I went around behind the line and was shocked to see I was aiming about 6" left!

Pretty sure Region.
The only thing that i was thinking over since yesterday is that i have a slight arc in my stroke and i play the ball roughly a ball to a ball and a half forward of centre......
I have a 2 ball putter so what i do is line up the first ball on the putter (closest to the face) with the middle of my stance and then that pretty much guarantees that i have the same ball position all the time...Its what i love about the 2 ball putters.....Im definitely square with my posture as iv had someone check this.

Would the ball position be too far forward....
I wont get a chance to check this until tomorrow.....