Pull Hooks

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Please help have been suffering with a flat pull hook with my short irons. can get within 150yard and 6 out of 10 shots are a low pull hook. Have been suffering the shanks so am trying to take the club face back square for 1st foot but have develop this pull hook. Are there any quick fixes I can try I am really getting bogged down with technique at the moment and nothing is working. So I am stepping back and asking for your help

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Hard to diagnose on the internet but there's a checklist of things you could look at..... starting with....

You're not standing closed.
The ball isn't too far forward.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Are you comitting to transfering your weight properly on the down swing? If I get a bit armsy with the short irons, then the club face comes in closed, very closed.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not closed as have 2 sticks I practice with and ball not too far forward. I think I am committing to the shot. At range tomoz so will try again

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
not turning properly (getting armsy as referenced above!) will do it - easy to do if you are trying to take the club away differently from your habitual swing.

really don't like quick fixes, they tend to compound things rather than fix them. Got to be worth one session with a pro to put you confidently back on track surely?

if you want a quick fix set up standing closer to the ball, yes closer.....should reduce any chance of swaying / dipping into the ball at impact.

Also check your grip after the shot - has the club closed from the position you initially gripped?

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Agree quick fix not ideal actually just been range stood a little further from ball and striking it better have a comp on Friday but will try a lesson next week need my confidence back for July as have my trilby tour comp to get ready for