Proudest Golf Achievement

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What is the golf related achievement that you are most proud of?

It might be a PB, competition result, a shot that went exactly as planned, handing someone's backside to them in a match, or anything else.
It doesn't have to be what anyone else thinks it should be, just what you are proudest of.

Fire away....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I randomly did a nine hole course in 40 (4 over par) a few months back, which was frankly ridiculous for me. Everything just went right in a way that it never has before or since. I'm still trying to find a way to expand that consistency over 18 though, where my best score has only been 93 so far (or 91 but that was on a 65 par course). I've also had 3 birdies in the last few months, which wouldn't noteworthy to most people, but they used to be a hell of a lot rarer so I'm staying positive and thinking of that as a badge of progress.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last year was my first season at my new club and I got my first competition win which also brought my first ever handicap cut

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Victory in my first Stableford tournament. Tasted success early in my competitive golf career and now (so far unsuccessfully) chasing more glory.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Winning H4H at West Hill, a fantastic cause and one of my best ever rounds and even more poignant after Rick' s recent demise

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've won a few club majors and open events but I think my most satisfying was either shooting 69 in a scratch open last year or getting picked for the county seniors team and winning both my matches so far.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Winning H4H Blackmoor in 2012 on my first ever GM meet, my first ever round on a heathland course and having been invited by Rickg after speaking with him on HDID and only playing golf for less than 12 months at the time, it makes the achievement even more memorable for me now.

Recieving My H4H Award from Rick Garg on my first ever GM meet and first time playing a Heathlan.jpg

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Leading the Club Champs after round 1 and then totally falling apart the next day, shooting in the 90's to finish nowhere. Fast forward to the following year and I managed to win, using what I learned in failure the previous year to help me - that was satisfying.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf holiday, last round, I won 10 skins including 4 on the last hole where I played my best ever approach shot to win the money. No trophy but I'd won the day 😁💰😁

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Would have to be getting to single figures earlier this year after years of trying.

poor results recently have seen the handicap climb to 9.5 this week, so a bit of work to do to get it back

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
My first society win last year.
Finished birdy par birdy to pip someone in my fourball who likes to give tips to all whilst stagnating with a high handicap himself for years.

Made de even better by also winning 2's money on a hole said partner missed a 4footer having seen me chip in.

Happiest ive been though was recently going to practice green for putting and having my eldest ask to come along.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had a few, shooting 74 off 12 to win my first major trophy, winning 3 club championships, shooting in 60's, but I think winning 6 out of 6 finals in clubs foursomes comps winning 3 on the bounce then 2 on the bounce and having 100% record in the finals.