Proquip

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi I'm looking to invest in a good water proof suit and I have narrowed it down to the proquip px5 or Galvin green Alf/arn both offer a lifetime waterproof guarantee altough price difference is quite big, just wondered you thoughts I'm not wanting to spend a fortune but will go up a little if price is worth it, I might add I don't play much in the rain but would like the option if needed

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Proquip make very reliable gear. I've got a pair of their waterproof trousers and they have never let me down, despite being in some horrible weather. Pocket the difference and buy Proquip.

(I actually have a GG jacket so I am not anti GG)

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Proquip are top products, always have been for years it's just companies like GG have come along and been seen as fashionable.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Proquip seem to review well and are very competitively priced plus being a Scottish company they should know a bit or two about keeping the rain out, px5 suit is £250 equivalent gg is almost double that, I think I'll go for the proquip px5, I have a £60 voucher for affordable golf so £190 doesn't seem to bad for a full suit with life guarantee

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had several Proquip rain jackets and trousers (I have played for along time) they have all performed excellently according the description.

Currently using Technoflex trousers and have 3 different colour jackets because I trust the quality.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Proquip seem to review well and are very competitively priced plus being a Scottish company they should know a bit or two about keeping the rain out, px5 suit is £250 equivalent gg is almost double that, I think I'll go for the proquip px5, I have a £60 voucher for affordable golf so £190 doesn't seem to bad for a full suit with life guarantee

Owned by the Edinburgh Woollen Mill

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a proquip tourflex 360 suit for a good few years and am very pleased with it. You can often get good deals on proquip stuff online. e.g.

I've had the same for a few years and it's as good as the day I bought it, absolutely superb.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
First Proquip dissenter. Had them 4/5 years and reproofed them every year. Ended up soaked after a biblical downpour late Autumn last year, and have now gone Galvin Green.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I do like gortex I always had them in jackets through the years and they do work its just the price for something I will wear rarely plus with an umbrella I think the proquip should be efficient enough

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had GG for 12 years but decided last year they were just getting too expensive. I bought a Proquip jacket for over £100 less than a GG jacket. It hasn't let me down. As for the longevity, ask me in a few years time.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm sold that's what I'll go for, support my local economy at the same time

Good choice - for both reasons!

Proquip Gore Tex range probably not quite as good as top of the range GG, but way, way more affordable! Both use Gore Tex, which is the 'active' part of the weatherproofing!

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Proquip is great gear and has never let me down. Great price/performance and keeps you dry in the worst of weather