Proquip Waterproof reviews?

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

In the market for a set of waterproofs for christmas. GG is far too expensive (cheapest one I can find is about £350, where I can get the Proquip PX5 for £200)

I'm interested in the PX5 or PX6 suit as they come with lifetime waterproof guarantees, where as the other suits only come with 2-3 years.

Can anyone shed any light on how good they are, and if the PX5 or PX6 is worth it over the cheaper options? Do you have to do anything to keep them waterproofed?

Thanks!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve got a relatively cheap proquip suit and I think it’s great. Forget which one as its not new. Middle of their range.

Good quality and lasted well.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Had my first Proquip Jacket about six years ago, loved it. The waterproofing is just starting to wear out so I've just bought another and I'm really happy with it.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a couple of Proquip suits and in both cases the jackets leaked quite badly. On the positive side, Proquip had them back for testing and replaced each time.
Very comfortable and nice to play in.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have some 10yr old Proquip waterproof trousers. Still never let a drop of water through. Good gear at a good price although I can't comment on this precise model.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently bought a pair of PQ waterproof bottoms online. Pro flex evo model.

Do a grand job but are the baggiest pair of trollies going. I look like I’ve stepped out a happy Monday’s concert with them on.

Try before you buy regarding sizing....

Quality stuff though, As is sunice

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had many PQ jackets etc over the 40 years I have played and have never had a problem with any one.

My current Tour flex trousers are still doing the job after 3 years.

My Proquip goretex suit finally bit the dust after about ten years because the zip went I still use it 19 years on for gardening because it is still as waterproof and wind blocking as the day I bought it.

dronfield

Visit site
Hi

I have worn PQ in the past without issue - good stuff.
Re waterproofing, Galvin Green instructed a mate of mine to wash them, tumble dry and then iron to increase the protection - a recent GM article advised the same (didnt mention the ironing bit!). Am going to try this with my FJ waterproofs as they leaked in a recent heavy downpour.

Rich

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

In the market for a set of waterproofs for christmas. GG is far too expensive (cheapest one I can find is about £350, where I can get the Proquip PX5 for £200)

I'm interested in the PX5 or PX6 suit as they come with lifetime waterproof guarantees, where as the other suits only come with 2-3 years.

Can anyone shed any light on how good they are, and if the PX5 or PX6 is worth it over the cheaper options? Do you have to do anything to keep them waterproofed?

Thanks!
I have the px5 and its great the water just beeds of it and is very comfortable, I bought it as it had the lifetime waterproof guarantee I would highly recommend

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Hi

I have worn PQ in the past without issue - good stuff.
Re waterproofing, Galvin Green instructed a mate of mine to wash them, tumble dry and then iron to increase the protection - a recent GM article advised the same (didnt mention the ironing bit!). Am going to try this with my FJ waterproofs as they leaked in a recent heavy downpour.

Rich

Pro quip recommend tumble drying or ironing their water repellent jumpers to increase the protection

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
DWR is activated through heat, so washing gore tex or eVent to clear the pours and then either tumble dry or towel on radiator under them will restore this.

I picked up a Peak Performance goretex waterproofs from Sports Pursuit for around £200 the other week and they are great though the trousers are more designed to wear alone than over trousers.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I recently bought a pair of PQ waterproof bottoms online. Pro flex evo model.

Do a grand job but are the baggiest pair of trollies going. I look like I’ve stepped out a happy Monday’s concert with them on.

Try before you buy regarding sizing....

Quality stuff though, As is sunice

Thanks, will try and find a pair to try on, but none of the shops around me have any of the PX suits in, only the cheaper models.

Thanks for the replies all.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a tour 360 suit and it has been great. No leaks, easy to play in and great fit. If there any of them still around, it would be a good buy.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks, will try and find a pair to try on, but none of the shops around me have any of the PX suits in, only the cheaper models.

Thanks for the replies all.
No sure your size but I'm a 33" waist 29" inside leg and the medium 29 fit perfect I should have went up a size for over the trousers but there sizing is bang on for me without.
jacket a got in a large and fits nicley with some room for a few layers if needed, the material is soft to touch and doesn't make noise when swinging or walking