Prolaunch Red - Wood shaft question.

A

Alex1975

Hi All,

Has anyone used the Prolaunch Red in there driver? I am aware of the profile of the shaft but I am interested if the thing has any feel in it? Is it particularly stiff and does it feel tip or butt stiff. Lastly is it as low launching as it says on the tin.

They are cheap and plateful so am thinking of getting something inexpensive with one in to try it out.

Thx

Alex

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
How stiff is stiff is a rather subjective question. A couple of years ago, one manufacturer, Miyasaki, introduced their International Flex Rating Scale. Basically this rates the flex of the shaft in four zones from butt to tip on a scale of 1 to 9, 9 being the stiffest.

The Graf PL Red S flex shaft comes out as a 5775 on that, which means stiff-extra stiff-extra stiff-stiff. So the butt and tip are slightly softer than the mid section. Good shaft and great value these days.

A

Alex1975

How stiff is stiff is a rather subjective question. A couple of years ago, one manufacturer, Miyasaki, introduced their International Flex Rating Scale. Basically this rates the flex of the shaft in four zones from butt to tip on a scale of 1 to 9, 9 being the stiffest.

The Graf PL Red S flex shaft comes out as a 5775 on that, which means stiff-extra stiff-extra stiff-stiff. So the butt and tip are slightly softer than the mid section. Good shaft and great value these days.

Thank you very much, for sure how stiff is stiff, but I guess I meant is it one of those that you may warn people that its a flex stronger then most in a general way.

What about feel?

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
As with most low launch, tip stiff, low torque shafts they all feel a little harsh. I have never had a problem with them as you know when you have caught one properly. There not as low launch as a whiteboard or a grafalloy blue for example. I would pump for one of these as the boardy feel doesn't bother me, gtir grafalloy blue is very good value aswel.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Had one in a Titleist 907D2 for 5 years, first third felt dead and heavy, I persevered as it had to be my swing and not the shaft, now I know it was the shaft affecting the way I swung as it didn't suit me. If its cheap then no harm in trying it out