Prolaunch Blue shaft

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been mucking around with a mate's hybrid tonight and actually hit it extremely sweet. His is an Adams Idea but it wasn't the head I was impressed with it was the shaft.
Graffaloy Pro Launch Blue 60g R flex and it just felt nice and light and whippy.
Just bought a TM Superfast hybrid and seen a prolaunch blue shaft for a tenner, tip size is .370 same as my SF has, will this fit ok is my question? Think it could be a total weapon with that shaft on it.

Cheers

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It should fit fine. But remember it is a high launch shaft. So may hit very high in a superfast?

Thanks Dave, the Adams hybrid I was hitting it in was a 22* same as the SF I have. One problem I have with the SF is getting height so I think this was why I was getting such good results with it.
If it fits, and for a tenner, I may as well give it a go and if it's not right then swap it back to the Re-Ax.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got this shaft in my md hybrid and really suits me and yes it does launch it high! Can be a bit off a draw back when playing into a strong head wind!

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am going against the grain here but I hated it. Had it in a G10 hybrid and just couldnt get on with it at all. For a tenner though its definetly worth a try.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought the shaft (as at tenner it's a steal) and for all the time it takes to change them out it's worth a try and see what happens.
Hopefully fix the low flight I have been getting.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just thought I would post my thoughts on this. Changed the shaft last week and had it's first outing at my weekly twilight medal last night.
First impression... Light, oh so light. Apparently the same weight as the Re*ax at 60g but just felt much lighter. Looks great as well, I used a blue ferrule on it just to be snazzy.

The important bit. It's performance. The words "it works for me" are redundant. It was immense, ball flight much more penetrating than before but I also felt that I had total control, almost a point and click interface. We have a 195yd par 3, over a valley to a raised green and I have struggled in recent weeks to hit it (too short, too long , too right... you get the picture). Last night, aimed for the middle, pulled the trigger and landed it right in the centre of the green. Went back up after the comp was done just to see if it was a fluke shot and did the same again.
Overall, I am hugely impressed with a shaft that I only paid a tenner for.

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
interesting, i'm thinking about swapping mine out of my driver for an alidia (nv-65s) shaft as even though it's a stiff, it feels more like a girder!

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's a good shaft but as has been stated it can launch very high! This is only my experience but the height was killing distance. I play on a psuedo links course where the fairways run and run so wanted a lower launch - went with a Matrix Ozik 6.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
interesting, i'm thinking about swapping mine out of my driver for an alidia (nv-65s) shaft as even though it's a stiff, it feels more like a girder!

I'm not sure I would have a pro launch in my driver but for the hybrid I was struggling with the stock shaft so it was worth a pop and it's paid off.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a good shaft but as has been stated it can launch very high! This is only my experience but the height was killing distance. I play on a psuedo links course where the fairways run and run so wanted a lower launch - went with a Matrix Ozik 6.

Heathland at my track so don't have fast running fairways for the most part. I was struggling with getting height so now getting what I feel would be "normal" flight. If it all goes pete tong I can always swap again.