Progress..... At last!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With my recent case of balls struck from the base of the shaft, fats, thins, hooks and slices our forum stack and tilter was kind enough to offer to come to my rescue. So today I was treated to pretty much a full days lesson with JO trying to eliminate swing faults, get the basics correct and just rip it.

James quickly diagnosed a couple of basic faults with my set up and with very few tweaks off the ball went sailing. No mention of swing paths,swing planes, lags and so on, just basic tweaks and trust my natural swing. I can hand on heart say to by the end of today I have hit some of the best flush shots with everything in my bag from drivers off the deck through to 9 irons. Pull fades, push draws, you name it I flushed it.:thup:

I honestly cannot thank James enough for simplifying everything and clearing my head, I have a slight bit of confidence that there's actually a golfer inside me now.

Thanks mate, was a total pleasure, and my 8 irons longer than yours :ears:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
he's ok I guess ;)

glad you enjoyed it and got something out of it. I played with James at Woodhall and he hits a great ball whilst remaining very modest about his own game & golf in general.

result :thup:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
he wasnt wearing a Jim'll fix it badge, wafting a cigar and winking at you during the lesson was he? (apologies if that offends and feel free to remove lol)

Last edited:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
to be fair off 11.6 it must have been small things either way.

I would love to see a top 100 teaching pro v a standard pro v a knowledgable golfer and see who can get who the lowest!!!

now theres a PYB challenge :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sunk in well obviously :ears:

Back to shank city tommorow I expect! :D

To be honest it was a pleasure, not seen someone striping the ball like that for a long time, pretty much every shot shape from raking low push-fades to towering draws.... bloody good instructor if you ask me! :whistle:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, very good instructor for someone who isn't PGA approved :whistle:

No chance of shank city, got me check list and raring to go, just ache like heck!

Thanks mate, :cheers:

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do you two need to get a room???

Well done Baz, good to hear you not crying about quitting - Good Work James !!