Pro-Core Golf

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A playing mate has mentioned this piece of golf tech. Basically it’s fitted to the shaft, all legal and improves performance, both distance and dispersion.
Has anyone come across it or know of any experience?

https://www.procoregolf.com/
Yes, they were made in the South of England I believe. Initially aimed at putters where the idea was to stop off centre hits being bad. The insert fitted inside the shaft and acted as a dampener to vibrations caused by a bad strike. I had an old Ping Anser fitted with one and it just made it a little dead as far as the strike was concerned.

From memory they were pushing people to have them fitted in other clubs to improve the strike but it never took off. I recall they fitted them in our county team's clubs as an experiment but no idea if it was a success.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes, they were made in the South of England I believe. Initially aimed at putters where the idea was to stop off centre hits being bad. The insert fitted inside the shaft and acted as a dampener to vibrations caused by a bad strike. I had an old Ping Anser fitted with one and it just made it a little dead as far as the strike was concerned.

From memory they were pushing people to have them fitted in other clubs to improve the strike but it never took off. I recall they fitted them in our county team's clubs as an experiment but no idea if it was a success.

Thanks for the detailed response ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have one fitted to my milled Odyssey #9 protype putter. It is supposed to give me help on off centre putts. AG were pushing them years back and I was persuaded to let them stick it in the putter. Think it was half price at the time. Not sure it does anything noticeable. I did think they had stopped trading a while back

Leftitshort

Visit site
I have one fitted to my milled Odyssey #9 protype putter. It is supposed to give me help on off centre putts. AG were pushing them years back and I was persuaded to let them stick it in the putter. Think it was half price at the time. Not sure it does anything noticeable. I did think they had stopped trading a while back
Where did you hear that? The fella is a member at my place, I’ll ask him if you like?

Leftitshort

Visit site
Just texted Dave. He’s not that chuffed about fellas saying he’s stopped trading ???. For the record they are very much open for business. Doing a lot in the states currently

Says I can give the OP his no if required.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hitting it in the centre of the putter is likely to be far more effective!:rolleyes:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

I did, and unless not clicking into the right pages, there is no explanation of the technology nor data of tests results. There is just advertising claims with no backup : increases ball speed, reduces vibration, higher energy transfer, etc.
Admit 'vibration' is a new one to me. Have never heard the likes of 'He didnt quite catch that one, must have been a little too much vibration in his shaft'.