Presidents Cup

Thread starter #1

Kaz

Day three and we don't seem to have a thread for this, which says a lot I think! Anyone else watching?

Anyway, it's proving to be about as one-sided as expected but there's lots of good golf being played and plenty of close matches that might have gone the other way...

Interesting for me is that I'm obviously wanting the "Internationals" to do well but I love wee Max so I can't stop rooting for him too.

Going to take a big afternoon session to make it even remotely interesting tomorrow.

BrianM

Head Pro
I’ve been watching it, but feels like a non event.
The Americans are in complete cruise control though.
Always love watching Adam Scott though, his swing is just superb 😀

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Been some great golf - the US have some pairs that are stunning - Spieth and Thomas as well as Cantlay and Schuaffle , Homa has played well - those are the reason it’s such a big gap , the other games have been a lot closer

Tom Kim has been brilliant

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Pity its not more of an even contest. It shows how the USA is such a totally dominant powerhouse of golf. The rest of the world just doesnt have the level of players.

Thread starter #5

Kaz

Well they stopped the rot, managing to at least tie the foursomes. Big session now - internationals need to win it to carry any interest into the singles.

Pity its not more of an even contest. It shows how the USA is such a totally dominant powerhouse of golf. The rest of the world just doesnt have the level of players.
Thing is, it’s not even the rest of the world (for obvious reasons). Result is pretty much a foregone conclusion before a ball is struck, some might even say it’s an exhibition match?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Started to watch the hour long highlights of day2.
All I can say is, I'm glad I don't bother with US golf now, 15 minutes was more than enough to tell me how rubbish it was to watch.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Thing is, it’s not even the rest of the world (for obvious reasons). Result is pretty much a foregone conclusion before a ball is struck, some might even say it’s an exhibition match?
The players representing their respective teams at least have a bit more credibility and would rather represent their team as opposed to selling themselves for millions

TheBigDraw

Medal Winner
Enjoying watching it..

Feels like the announcers are trying too hard to make out its a contest when it obviously isn't.

Also I've learned about 25 times that Tom Kim has a great sense of humour.... 🙄🙄

Can't say I've watched a President's Cup before but enjoying this despite the US dominating the score. US putting far superior. Im has been very good from what I've seen - was expecting Corey Conners to be a big contributor for the International team but he's looked below par. US pairings seem to dovetail so well

timd77

Assistant Pro
I’ve watched some of it, will watch some more later. Even though it’ll be a US win, you can’t beat a bit of matchplay and team events for excitement.

Listened to the NLU podcast with Trevor Immelman, seems like a decent chap. Really feel for his team losing so many to LIV. Undoubtedly would’ve been a much closer competition with the likes of cam smith in there.

I’ve watched some of it, will watch some more later. Even though it’ll be a US win, you can’t beat a bit of matchplay and team events for excitement.

Listened to the NLU podcast with Trevor Immelman, seems like a decent chap. Really feel for his team losing so many to LIV. Undoubtedly would’ve been a much closer competition with the likes of cam smith in there.
Wonder how feels as he watches and sees his ’team’, maybe containing some good mates, getting hammered. Maybe he just checks the thickness of his wallet and that makes him feel just fine thankyou.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Wonder how feels as he watches and sees his ’team’, maybe containing some good mates, getting hammered. Maybe he just checks the thickness of his wallet and that makes him feel just fine thankyou.
Maybe he thinks it is ridiculous that he is not allowed to be picked. He is available I suspect, not his decision that he is left out.

Why does LIV and it's players always have to be patronised and evil?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Why have they made the greens so stupid fast? Greens that are really fast, and slopey, are a joke for any level of golfer.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
Maybe he thinks it is ridiculous that he is not allowed to be picked. He is available I suspect, not his decision that he is left out.

Why does LIV and it's players always have to be patronised and evil?
It’s a PGAT event - all LIV players are currently banned from any PGAT event 🤦‍♂️

The players knew the consequences of going to LIV and they knew they wouldn’t be able to play in the Presidents Cup if they played on the LIV tour

Thread starter #20

Kaz

Great effort from the Kims!

Need Scott and Davis to finish their match off and it'll be semi-interesting tomorrow.... for a wee while!