Premier league hall of fame

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just been announced as happening. Not a great idea in my view. Too much back slapping. Two inaugural members to be announced in March with 19 other considerations.

Which two players would you put in first?

(I am guessing the two will not be from the same club, so lets have the same rules here).

D

Deleted member 15344

Why just premier league ? Why not all English football.

It’s a pure Americanism - it’s funny when they did the Golf Hall of Fame - it took years for the original people in golf to be added

I suspect Giggs andHenry

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Henry and Giggs for me, but dont expect to be right (more likely giggs and shearer)

why start with 2 players? so that they can fanfare add a couple each year yawn. induct all the no brainers at the start imho

D

Deleted member 1147

Just the Premier league, because football started in 1992?

If I had to pick two - Terry & Bridge, have a bit of fun at the inauguration ceremony :eek::ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine are Peter Schmiechel and Thierry Henry.
I'd go those as well.

I was going to post slightly differently but then I re-read your post and you asked for who would we put in first. I dislike the concept of a PL Hall of Fame. As has been said many times before, the PL did not invent football.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
First two will surely be from the 90s - Cantona and Keane for me. Arguably the two most pivotal players for the best team of the 90s PL era.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would have said the obvious answers are Thierry Henry - the best player we've seen in the Premier League era, and Alan Shearer - the top scorer by a comfortable distance.

Wolf

Visit site
Crap idea and totally unnecessary imo. People will be club legends ans acknowledge in their own clubs history, just seems another Americanism money making scheme from the PL. What criteria are they even going to use for eligibility.

But just to play the game for the first entrants I'd pick 1 manager and 1 player instead and go for Sir Alex & Shearer