The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think Son will stay, and with Kane it won't have much to do with the manager, he'll make his decision on other factors I should think. What manager could we actually bring in that would change his thinking?

ah yeah youve already tried that approach with Jose :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kane situ is interesting, will see just how hard Levy wants to play it this summer or whether its time to cash in and let him go. Depends whos trying to buy and at what price no doubt. Will Levy stick to his promise of not selling to another English club? If so doesnt leave many options that can afford him (PSG if they sell Mbappe maybe)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
ah yeah youve already tried that approach with Jose :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kane situ is interesting, will see just how hard Levy wants to play it this summer or whether its time to cash in and let him go. Depends whos trying to buy and at what price no doubt. Will Levy stick to his promise of not selling to another English club? If so doesnt leave many options that can afford him (PSG if they sell Mbappe maybe)
Exactly, that backfired. The only one who would tempt Kane into staying would be if we got Poch to come back!

Yeah, I can almost see him going to PSG, with the Poch link as well, I just think it would be a disappointing move to him. Easy league title, sure, but is that a proper achievement to leave Spurs for? I'm sure he'd prefer to stay in England, and if Levy doesn't sell we risk losing him for nothing later on.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or start a new thread but as it's PL related I figured it could be discussed here.

I'm following the Man City v PSG game on the BBC Sport website and someone has suggested that Riyad Mahrez is the best African footballer to play in the PL, which got me thinking about others from Africa and also from other continents. I think that Salah, Yaya Toure and Drogba have to be part of the discussion for best African player in the PL.

Son stands out as a candidate for best player from Asia, but apart from Park Ji-Sung I was struggling to think of many other high profile names from Asia.

Best ever player from Europe is bound to open a can of worms with so many players to choose from such as Schmeichel, Bergkamp, Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo (although he probably reached his peak after he left), Viera, Stam, Zola, Kompany and several others.

For the south American players I've got Tevez, Suarez, Aguero.

Australia, it's either Cahill, Viduka or Kewell.

So have at it. Are there any obvious additions that I have missed? Or who would be your best ever player from each continent?

D

Deleted member 15344

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or start a new thread but as it's PL related I figured it could be discussed here.

I'm following the Man City v PSG game on the BBC Sport website and someone has suggested that Riyad Mahrez is the best African footballer to play in the PL, which got me thinking about others from Africa and also from other continents. I think that Salah, Yaya Toure and Drogba have to be part of the discussion for best African player in the PL.

Son stands out as a candidate for best player from Asia, but apart from Park Ji-Sung I was struggling to think of many other high profile names from Asia.

Best ever player from Europe is bound to open a can of worms with so many players to choose from such as Schmeichel, Bergkamp, Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo (although he probably reached his peak after he left), Viera, Stam, Zola, Kompany and several others.

So have at it. Are there any obvious additions that I have missed? Or who would be your best ever player from each continent?

Great questions - Prem League only

Africa - Drogba I think just shades it over Toure and Salah

Asia - Son just beats Park

Australia - Cahill

South America - Suarez just shading Aguero

North America - Friedal

European- Henry

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Let’s get somethings straight, it’s just 2 blokes “chewing the fat” giving their opinions on what they’ve seen and experienced. We happen to be a Red and a Blue, so the points are about each other, if I was discussing with BIM the points would be about Chelsea, if it was Pokerjoke it would be about Utd, never, nowhere have I said it’s only LPool fans who moan.

I’m also old enough to remember when these different Clubs won the League and who made comments.

Utd at their peak were constantly slated for their spending and fergie getting stick.

Whether we like it or not, it’s a business and Football as a sport is lost.

Fairytale, absolutely, speak to the Newcastle fans and their proposed take over.

I think this bloke did the chart! He fixed it for yous.

View attachment 36456

You hardly ever talk about Everton, a bit like most blues, you love talking about us. Most of the conversations are general football related, or us, so again, don't know where your getting that from.

Football is lost in many ways, but whilst there's still hope of the oilys not winning everything, I'll keep my interest.

Again, throwing billions at something isnt a fairytale. Leicester winning the prem was (Blackburn's wasn't), Wimbledon beating us in 1988 in the cup final, Forest winning two European cups, Greece winning the euros.

God knows what ladybird books you read - the princess and the FFP, the elves and the oilmaker?

BTW the Saville photos have him in about 10 different kits, so hardly original.(y)

D

Deleted member 16999

You hardly ever talk about Everton, a bit like most blues, you love talking about us. Most of the conversations are general football related, or us, so again, don't know where your getting that from.

Football is lost in many ways, but whilst there's still hope of the oilys not winning everything, I'll keep my interest.

Again, throwing billions at something isnt a fairytale. Leicester winning the prem was (Blackburn's wasn't), Wimbledon beating us in 1988 in the cup final, Forest winning two European cups, Greece winning the euros.

God knows what ladybird books you read - the princess and the FFP, the elves and the oilmaker?

BTW the Saville photos have him in about 10 different kits, so hardly original.(y)
Seeing as how today the conversation was about Clubs spending billions to win things, we don’t fit the bill, we aren’t in the upper echelons either.

Now if the talk is about Clubs wasting money, then we do fit the bill, infact we are the poster boys for it. I post my honest opinion on Everton games, feel free to come back at me, I don’t believe I comment on Lpool games apart from complimenting Klopp, but you found an issue that didn’t exist with that.

Recent discussions have been around the “Big 6” which we aren’t, so not sure what discussion you want about Everton, but fill your boots.

Also have a look at some of the most vocal supporters on here? My guess is Lpool fans, so if they give it, they have to be prepared to take it back.

Leicester got in to the PL by breaking the spending rules in the Championship, but we’ll conveniently not mention that.

Lots of fans dream about winning the PL or the CL and the chances of that happening without a billionaire being involved is impossible, so for many fans that fairy tale is Mr Money Bags coming in and spending the money.

I take it with you not liking Oil money you have no issues with AXA and their involvement with LPool?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Best African has to be Yaya for me. He was incredible. But Radebe is worth a shout from the early years.
Asia has to be Son, not much of a contest on that one.
Australasia I'd say it's Cahill. He was more consistent than Kewell and Viduka and for longer.
South America has to be Agüero.
North America Dempsey.
Europe is obviously the toughest but you'd have to say Thierry Henry I think. But Kane isn't far behind.

D

Deleted member 16999

Congratulations to City, fingers crossed Chelsea go through to join them.(y)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best African has to be Yaya for me. He was incredible. But Radebe is worth a shout from the early years.
Australasia I'd say it's Cahill. He was more consistent than Kewell and Viduka and for longer.
North America Dempsey.
Europe is obviously the toughest but you'd have to say Thierry Henry I think. But Kane isn't far behind.

I did think about adding a "best British player" category but figured that would be almost as difficult as the European one with players like Giggs, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Kane etc - and those are the ones that instantly come to mind without any sort of thought going in to it.

D

Deleted member 15344

North America Dempsey.

Really ?

If adding British & Irish I would struggle to put Kane in the Top Ten - Shearer , Gerrard , Terry , Keane , Lampard , Giggs ,Rooney , Cole , Ferdinand, all ahead of Kane

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seeing as how today the conversation was about Clubs spending billions to win things, we don’t fit the bill, we aren’t in the upper echelons either.

Now if the talk is about Clubs wasting money, then we do fit the bill, infact we are the poster boys for it. I post my honest opinion on Everton games, feel free to come back at me, I don’t believe I comment on Lpool games apart from complimenting Klopp, but you found an issue that didn’t exist with that.

Recent discussions have been around the “Big 6” which we aren’t, so not sure what discussion you want about Everton, but fill your boots.

Also have a look at some of the most vocal supporters on here? My guess is Lpool fans, so if they give it, they have to be prepared to take it back.

Leicester got in to the PL by breaking the spending rules in the Championship, but we’ll conveniently not mention that.

Lots of fans dream about winning the PL or the CL and the chances of that happening without a billionaire being involved is impossible, so for many fans that fairy tale is Mr Money Bags coming in and spending the money.

I take it with you not liking Oil money you have no issues with AXA and their involvement with LPool?

You hardly ever talk about Everton, lets face it. When was your last in depth post on it?

I class Everton as a big 6 club, opinions, eh?

Yes, and we've been on here for years in many fallow years, unless some who disappear when the going gets tough, or their team stops winning things - Hi Pokerjoke!!!! :)

I know Leicester's history, and that was in the championship, so still a fairytale for most. Have AXA given us a billion to spend freely - so what is your point there?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ander Herrera: "We were the better side for 70 minutes. We tried it all. We attacked, we tried to attack... We are going to leave here with our heads held high."

????????????????