The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I honestly dont think its worth arguing with you any more, cos you just make crap up. Certain things are subjective and opinions, but some arent, or heavily biased.

1. I think it was mainly man U fans who moaned about Blackburn.

2. Liverpool's spening over 30 years isnt comparable to Chelsea's and city's over even half that time.

3. What "charts" are these - did Jimmy Saviile or david Kid Jensen do them?

4. We havent complained about United's spend, as self-generated, so again, making stuff up.

5. No, not everyone sees it as a business and most still class it as a sport, but it's going down.

6. A fairytale??????? Ok, sleeping beauty, who needs poisoned apples, mirrors and old crones - here's 3 million pounds, but I'll get my brother's company to give you it in non-traceable magic beans, and go and get a face lift, bum lift, boob job, them big stupid lips, you'll be fine. Even Chelsea and City fans know it's no fairytale. They are/have massively enjoyed it, no doubt, but a fairytale - behave.
Let’s get somethings straight, it’s just 2 blokes “chewing the fat” giving their opinions on what they’ve seen and experienced. We happen to be a Red and a Blue, so the points are about each other, if I was discussing with BIM the points would be about Chelsea, if it was Pokerjoke it would be about Utd, never, nowhere have I said it’s only LPool fans who moan.

I’m also old enough to remember when these different Clubs won the League and who made comments.

Utd at their peak were constantly slated for their spending and fergie getting stick.

Whether we like it or not, it’s a business and Football as a sport is lost.

Fairytale, absolutely, speak to the Newcastle fans and their proposed take over.

I think this bloke did the chart! He fixed it for yous.

E71AF363-8854-4F77-A2AF-8B90C8D3F0ED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Football fans are fickle anyway. Spurs fans on the Facebook groups wind me up. They're always moaning about City and Chelsea buying trophies, as you do - but in the same breath it's all "ENIC OUT" because they won't spend the same money - so presumably they'd be delighted if we were bought buy an Arab sheikh and brought in Mbappe tomorrow. It's hypocritical. Personally I tend not to moan about the teams that spend big, that's just how it is. It goes in circles - Blackburn did it, but look where they are now. Leeds started doing it, but for them it backfired and they were out of the top flight for 20 years. For other clubs it has worked for the time being. But honestly there are bigger things to worry about. I think Levy has done well for us on the budget that he's presumably been asked to work to, but if someone bought the club and pumped billions in, I'd be fine with that too. Whatever happens happens really.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Roma fans turn to "suffer" Mourinho now I see

Who do spursy fans want to replace him next year?
If I go in order of the Oddchecker favourites list - Rodgers is the favourite, I thought he'd as good as ruled himself out of it. Nuno seems like 2+2=4 kind of suggestion I suppose. Wouldn't hate or love that, I think it would be ok. Parker being 6/1 is disappointing, I don't really think he's achieved anything yet. I don't know anything about Rangnick, I don't mind admitting. Graham Potter is a name that intrigues me, I think he seems like a pretty innovative coach and I'd like to see what he can do. Going down the list a bit, I wouldn't mind Benitez although maybe a bit safe and boring, and probably not a long term view. Howe is only 20/1, I would probably cry if they appointed him - most overrated manager of the last decade in my opinion. The Ajax manager is still 20/1 even though I think he just signed a new contract with them. I would hope we don't go for Sarri, I don't really like his personality. Roberto Martinez is 25/1... please God no. Another shout for overrated managers.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If I go in order of the Oddchecker favourites list - Rodgers is the favourite, I thought he'd as good as ruled himself out of it. Nuno seems like 2+2=4 kind of suggestion I suppose. Wouldn't hate or love that, I think it would be ok. Parker being 6/1 is disappointing, I don't really think he's achieved anything yet. I don't know anything about Rangnick, I don't mind admitting. Graham Potter is a name that intrigues me, I think he seems like a pretty innovative coach and I'd like to see what he can do. Going down the list a bit, I wouldn't mind Benitez although maybe a bit safe and boring, and probably not a long term view. Howe is only 20/1, I would probably cry if they appointed him - most overrated manager of the last decade in my opinion. The Ajax manager is still 20/1 even though I think he just signed a new contract with them. I would hope we don't go for Sarri, I don't really like his personality. Roberto Martinez is 25/1... please God no. Another shout for overrated managers.

seems like a lot of dont wants and no real strong want, Potter an interesting one especially based on Brighton xG numbers as youd hope Kane (if you can keep him) would turn those into actual goals, or is he just the current flavour of the mth

what about Moyes? prize him away from West Ham?

no ex-Spurs players you fancy in the role?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
seems like a lot of dont wants and no real strong want, Potter an interesting one especially based on Brighton xG numbers as youd hope Kane (if you can keep him) would turn those into actual goals, or is he just the current flavour of the mth

I thought Hoddles name would be in there.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Thierry Henry? ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

If you really look at that Brighton squad on paper I think Potter has done superbly to get them playing decent football and be pretty well clear of relegation. I would like to see how he'd do with (arguably) better players. I don't know what ex-Spurs players are in management? No I wouldn't really want Moyes, he's not really being touted in the odds anyway. I think Nuno would be fine, similar to when we got Poch who had done well at another Premier League team. Nuno has been scuppered by not having a striker, so he'll already be used to that when we sell Kane and don't replace him. :LOL:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you really look at that Brighton squad on paper I think Potter has done superbly to get them playing decent football and be pretty well clear of relegation. I would like to see how he'd do with (arguably) better players. I don't know what ex-Spurs players are in management? No I wouldn't really want Moyes, he's not really being touted in the odds anyway. I think Nuno would be fine, similar to when we got Poch who had done well at another Premier League team. Nuno has been scuppered by not having a striker, so he'll already be used to that when we sell Kane and don't replace him. :LOL:

I don't want Moyes gone but far too many people turn their noses up at home, very good manager

Should never have been released from contract first time around for us

Always wanted him to stay

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't want Moyes gone but far too many people turn their noses up at home, very good manager

Should never have been released from contract first time around for us

Always wanted him to stay
Don't get me wrong, I'd sooner have him over someone like Parker who's done next to nothing as a manager. I just didn't really consider him as I don't think he's an option. I guess he's just a bit of a boring bloke, not very exciting, but he certainly sets his teams up well.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Football fans are fickle anyway. Spurs fans on the Facebook groups wind me up. They're always moaning about City and Chelsea buying trophies, as you do - but in the same breath it's all "ENIC OUT" because they won't spend the same money - so presumably they'd be delighted if we were bought buy an Arab sheikh and brought in Mbappe tomorrow. It's hypocritical. Personally I tend not to moan about the teams that spend big, that's just how it is. It goes in circles - Blackburn did it, but look where they are now. Leeds started doing it, but for them it backfired and they were out of the top flight for 20 years. For other clubs it has worked for the time being. But honestly there are bigger things to worry about. I think Levy has done well for us on the budget that he's presumably been asked to work to, but if someone bought the club and pumped billions in, I'd be fine with that too. Whatever happens happens really.

I also think Levy’s done ok for us very astute and overseen one of the best grounds in Europe, maybe could have given Poch a bit longer.

The only people that would probably buy the club would be overseas investors something I wouldn’t like to see.

I would like to see no foreign owners in English football but that’s never going to happen now, 50+1 would be good but can’t see that happening either.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Potter is a half decent striker away from having Brighton in comfortable mid table. They are a good team, assembled on a budget. The two slight worries are his obsession with playing from the back, something common amongst many managers now, and his inability so far to get that striker. It may be that money prevents the latter but it is glaring weakness in the team. At Spurs he would have Kane and Son to work with, problems over on that front. He would be a bold choice for you but if I was a Spurs fan I'd be happy with it.

The Wolves manager could be a strong contender for you, a good manger used to the league already.

I don't understand the fixation with getting ex-players in. Rarely works.

It is an interesting one for you. The good news for the next guy in is that the squad is good and he can only improve the atmosphere after Jose.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Potter is a half decent striker away from having Brighton in comfortable mid table. They are a good team, assembled on a budget. The two slight worries are his obsession with playing from the back, something common amongst many managers now, and his inability so far to get that striker. It may be that money prevents the latter but it is glaring weakness in the team. At Spurs he would have Kane and Son to work with, problems over on that front. He would be a bold choice for you but if I was a Spurs fan I'd be happy with it.

The Wolves manager could be a strong contender for you, a good manger used to the league already.

I don't understand the fixation with getting ex-players in. Rarely works.

It is an interesting one for you. The good news for the next guy in is that the squad is good and he can only improve the atmosphere after Jose.
Regarding playing out from the back, it's just a personnel thing. I don't like managers who force it open the players, but I like to see it done when it's actually on. We have Toby who's good on the ball, and Dier would have become a good ball-playing centre back if we'd have actually played him there as a youngster instead of wasting our time playing him in midfield. I think Lloris always struggled with it though and that's why it fell down. Superb keeper, not so good with the ball at his feet. But when you force it, the other team knows you're doing it every time and just press you high. I never understand why managers do that. Anyway, whoever comes in I hope their first task will be to bring in a good centre back.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Regarding playing out from the back, it's just a personnel thing. I don't like managers who force it open the players, but I like to see it done when it's actually on. We have Toby who's good on the ball, and Dier would have become a good ball-playing centre back if we'd have actually played him there as a youngster instead of wasting our time playing him in midfield. I think Lloris always struggled with it though and that's why it fell down. Superb keeper, not so good with the ball at his feet. But when you force it, the other team knows you're doing it every time and just press you high. I never understand why managers do that. Anyway, whoever comes in I hope their first task will be to bring in a good centre back.

first job will be to hold on to the crown jewels of Kane and Son surely?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm okay with it but not when it becomes an obsession. At that point you become a liability. If you want to see all that is wrong with it then watch the first 10 minutes of Everton v Arsenal from the other week, no more I'm not that cruel. Everton, normally quite cautious, pushed 5 or so players right up the top of the pitch. Arsenal still kept passing it around the back and refused to play it up quicker. We should have got a couple in those opening spells, they were there for the taking. Basically, aim for it but also accept that at time you need to miss out the defence, maybe even the midfield. For nothing else it stops the opposition throwing half the team forward with no sense of jepoardy. If teams do it without exception they become predictable and easy to play against.

Rant over :LOL:.

You don't need much of a tweak and there are plenty of good centre halves that could solve your problem.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm okay with it but not when it becomes an obsession. At that point you become a liability. If you want to see all that is wrong with it then watch the first 10 minutes of Everton v Arsenal from the other week, no more I'm not that cruel. Everton, normally quite cautious, pushed 5 or so players right up the top of the pitch. Arsenal still kept passing it around the back and refused to play it up quicker. We should have got a couple in those opening spells, they were there for the taking. Basically, aim for it but also accept that at time you need to miss out the defence, maybe even the midfield. For nothing else it stops the opposition throwing half the team forward with no sense of jepoardy. If teams do it without exception they become predictable and easy to play against.

Rant over :LOL:.

You don't need much of a tweak and there are plenty of good centre halves that could solve your problem.

theres definitely a rant from our side for those 10 minutes too!!!!!!!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
first job will be to hold on to the crown jewels of Kane and Son surely?
I think Son will stay, and with Kane it won't have much to do with the manager, he'll make his decision on other factors I should think. What manager could we actually bring in that would change his thinking?