The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
?‍♂️
surely not the Cooper challenge
Perfectly good tackle ?. But compare it to th Baldock tackle on Roberts last week which didn't even get a booking or looked at by VAR and you can see why Leeds fans are annoyed.

But just the general inconsistency. The Alioski booking which was a clear dive. Stirling stamping on two Leeds players.
Fernandinho should have got a straight red for his challenge at the end.

D

Deleted member 15344

Perfectly good tackle ?. But compare it to th Baldock tackle on Roberts last week which didn't even get a booking or looked at by VAR and you can see why Leeds fans are annoyed.

But just the general inconsistency. The Alioski booking which was a clear dive. Stirling stamping on two Leeds players.
Fernandinho should have got a straight red for his challenge at the end.

VAR overall is just making the games worse and also making the refs worse , last night it was shocking and players being offside by their armpits etc - and then you look at the goal Dortmund should have had. Goal line tech was great -VAR is going to ruin the games

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
VAR overall is just making the games worse and also making the refs worse , last night it was shocking and players being offside by their armpits etc - and then you look at the goal Dortmund should have had. Goal line tech was great -VAR is going to ruin the games
Agreed.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky sports reporting Harry Kane expected to tell Spurs he wants to leave if they don’t qualify for the champs league. I get that but don’t that rock the cart before the end of the season.

I suspect that maybe Kane's agent is letting a few hints fall out of his mouth.
Agents are good at that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Whilst I can't wholly disagree with that I would definitely point a much larger finger at most footballers cheating and doing their utmost to con the officials.
Players should rely on their footballing abilities rather than their acting abilities.

D

Deleted member 15344

Whilst I can't wholly disagree with that I would definitely point a much larger finger at most footballers cheating and doing their utmost to con the officials.
Players should rely on their footballing abilities rather than their acting abilities.
Players have been doing that for decades - irrelevant to the way VAR is being employed

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah and there we go TAA to score to justify why defensively he should be called up ?
Carragher really annoyed me - he's been bigging him up all game and he couldn't resist calling out Neville on that goal. As if bending in a nice goal eliminates all the worries about him being defensively suspect somehow. :unsure: Neville must honestly bang his head against the wall after his debates with Carra sometimes.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Carragher really annoyed me - he's been bigging him up all game and he couldn't resist calling out Neville on that goal. As if bending in a nice goal eliminates all the worries about him being defensively suspect somehow. :unsure: Neville must honestly bang his head against the wall after his debates with Carra sometimes.

I think the constant heading the ball out did a bit of damage to Jamie over the years

Obviously a lovely goal and he is turning on the attacking form

But at right back .. got to make sure the foundations are sound before you build on it

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the constant heading the ball out did a bit of damage to Jamie over the years

Obviously a lovely goal and he is turning on the attacking form

But at right back .. got to make sure the foundations are sound before you build on it
Yes I agree.
But TAA isn’t just a RB.
It all depends how Southgate wants to set up!
My guess would be a back four and two holding defenders he’s that cautious.
That leaves TAA in limbo.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I agree.
But TAA isn’t just a RB.
It all depends how Southgate wants to set up!
My guess would be a back four and two holding defenders he’s that cautious.
That leaves TAA in limbo.

If he has back 4 with 2 holding midfielders surely that means taa is who you take? As rice and whoever would provide cover for those full backs

D

Deleted member 16999

TAA is more than good enough to play RB for England, the extra’s he brings to the attack means he should be one of the first names down in the first XI, never mind the squad.

4LEX

Visit site
Huge fan of Liverpool and Klopp but somethingh isn't right. At 1-1 and 90 minutes they were passing back to the keeper, today was a very lucky result. Too many key players going through the motions, which is the opposite of Klopp and his sides. The side has a feel of the end at Dortmund about it. The play is so slow and predictable. I really hope they sign a striker with something of a presence in the air as a Plan B. They've got 3 of the best crossers of a ball in Europe in TAA, Robertson and Salah and midgets in the middle.

I think City's result is good long term as it again shows Torres and Jesus are so far out of their depth and can't be relied on. Squad players and nothing else. Jesus has good stats but most of his goals are in big wins or in cups against second rate sides. City desperately need a true world class striker. The lack of it will cost them in the CL this season IMO.