The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What are you going on about? :LOL: The last player to walk out on England was Chris Sutton and he is still living it down 25 years later. You say he's not arrogant so I'm sure he's not going to turn his back on the England team for not picking him when he's still only 21, as that would be about the most arrogant thing he could possibly do.

Personally I would have him in the squad as an attacking option against the poorer teams, then maybe put someone more defensive-minded in against the top teams. But if Southgate leaves him out, it's not the end by any stretch, he will keep learning the defensive side of the game and I'm sure it won't be too long before he nails down that starting spot.

Some people just need to stick to hockey ?

D

Deleted member 15344

What are you going on about? :LOL: The last player to walk out on England was Chris Sutton and he is still living it down 25 years later. You say he's not arrogant so I'm sure he's not going to turn his back on the England team for not picking him when he's still only 21, as that would be about the most arrogant thing he could possibly do.

Personally I would have him in the squad as an attacking option against the poorer teams, then maybe put someone more defensive-minded in against the top teams. But if Southgate leaves him out, it's not the end by any stretch, he will keep learning the defensive side of the game and I'm sure it won't be too long before he nails down that starting spot.

Chris Sutton said be wouldnt play for the England B team and because of that Hoddle wouldn’t pick him again. If England called him up again he would have gone and played

I know TAA isn’t going to walk away from England - I didn’t suggest he would actually do it ?‍♂️

As for the more “defensive minded” - there is only one Right back with better defensive stats than TAA and thats AWB not the three RB Southgate picked.

But ultimately the main point is it’s another Young England player who gets ripped apart when they drop down a level - it’s a regular occurrence with Engerland fans ( mainly from small clubs who have witnessed zero success in their lifetime ) - one minute they are lorded the next minute not good enough - also stemming from the media.
Some people just need to stick to hockey ?

As I said previously - it’s funny when people who know me say it but it’s nothing but derogatory and insulting from someone who doesn’t. If you want to post snarky comments directed towards me then pop to a meet and then see someone in person first. Your post adds nothing but to attempt to wind people up. I’m not posting anything derogatory aimed at you - please apply the same common courtesy

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It was a mistake for the second goal but then he was also outstanding when covering twice to deny them a clear goalscoring chance - the covering tackle on Benzema was superb. His touch that started the move for the goals was excellent as well

TAA is in a long line of very talented England players that people appear to want to shoot down when they have a dip in form - he isn’t arrogant and it’s laughable to suggest he is. He is 21 , already won the big trophies, proven himself on the big stage - right now he along with a lot of players are suffering with form dips and confidence, it’s going to happen with the season the club is happening.

People will continue to rip him apart especially the engerland fans and I hope he would be one of the first to just walk away from England , it’s a national team that’s been nothing but hype and disappointment for the past 30 years.
Right so when he plays well like last season you get to bang on about him every 2 mins,but when he’s poor no ones aloud to criticise him? ?‍♂️

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chris Sutton said be wouldnt play for the England B team and because of that Hoddle wouldn’t pick him again. If England called him up again he would have gone and played

I know TAA isn’t going to walk away from England - I didn’t suggest he would actually do it ?‍♂️

As for the more “defensive minded” - there is only one Right back with better defensive stats than TAA and thats AWB not the three RB Southgate picked.

But ultimately the main point is it’s another Young England player who gets ripped apart when they drop down a level - it’s a regular occurrence with Engerland fans ( mainly from small clubs who have witnessed zero success in their lifetime ) - one minute they are lorded the next minute not good enough - also stemming from the media.

As I said previously - it’s funny when people who know me say it but it’s nothing but derogatory and insulting from someone who doesn’t. If you want to post snarky comments directed towards me then pop to a meet and then see someone in person first. Your post adds nothing but to attempt to wind people up. I’m not posting anything derogatory aimed at you - please apply the same common courtesy

Always fine when you do it Phil ?

Nothing better than a hypocrite ?

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I wouldn’t read too much into the Stats Phil ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Actually Trippier has also made more tackles and clearances this season, but he wasn't on the comparison given before because they did Premier League only. I agree that fans and media treat England players terribly - I even see it on here regularly against the likes of Kane and Sterling as well, both of whom are world class. But you're acting like it's totally outrageous if TAA doesn't go to the Euros, when it just isn't. He's not recaptured the same form, and right back is one of our most plentiful positions, so we have other options. His time will come, probably in the World Cup which is only a year and a half away.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TAA hasn't been good enough, at any point this season. Defensive injuries in the squad have exposed him. Once it's worked out you can be targeted, teams will always try it. Think that's fairly obvious to anyone that's played to a decent level, in any sport.

I'll take your comment at face value, instead of some weird dig. "Small clubs" have players that are overlooked, purely because of where they play. Lets's take little old West Ham (Who are above the current champions 30 games into the season) We had Cresswell playing the football of his life. No selection.(Bertrand was at Chelsea, Danny Rose at Spurs). West ham get into the Europa League, He's in. Even tho he's just come back from a long injury and is playing at 60% of what he was before. Scott Parker was running the show for years, I believe he "needed to go to a big club for international football" Was loyal to us for too long, performances fell away, but as soon as he went to spurs, called up.

D

Deleted member 15344

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TAA hasn't been good enough, at any point this season. Defensive injuries in the squad have exposed him. Once it's worked out you can be targeted, teams will always try it. Think that's fairly obvious to anyone that's played to a decent level, in any sport.

I'll take your comment at face value, instead of some weird dig. "Small clubs" have players that are overlooked, purely because of where they play. Lets's take little old West Ham (Who are above the current champions 30 games into the season) We had Cresswell playing the football of his life. No selection.(Bertrand was at Chelsea, Danny Rose at Spurs). West ham get into the Europa League, He's in. Even tho he's just come back from a long injury and is playing at 60% of what he was before. Scott Parker was running the show for years, I believe he "needed to go to a big club for international football" Was loyal to us for too long, performances fell away, but as soon as he went to spurs, called up.

A lot of comes down to the extra level of football the players at the bigger clubs or clubs in Europe are playing - players showing that can play at not just the Premier League teams but also in the CL

Scott Parker for example had the likes of Lampard , Gerrard ahead of him with others like Carrick and Barry in the squad - players playing for teams in Europe etc

Then players like Bertrand and Rose before Creswell both again in the CL for their clubs

So yes at times players from clubs not in Europe at times get ignored - mainly because they don’t get the chance to show they can play against the top players in Europe and why some players move from the clubs not in Europe.

D

Deleted member 16999

This is why refs get so much stick .
That’s a shocking decision.
It’s a shocking decision with the benefit of 3 Angles and slow mo, try watching it again and take note of the Referee’s position, watch he will see, the speed of play and Ederson’s reaction.

The Referee had a split second to make a decision.

What’s more shocking is fans who apparently played and and understand the game seem so quick to criticise officials.

I watched the City v Dortmund game and the Officials were good, any questionable moments came from the behaviour of the players and their willingness to cheat and trying to influence the Officials.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a shocking decision with the benefit of 3 Angles and slow mo, try watching it again and take note of the Referee’s position, watch he will see, the speed of play and Ederson’s reaction.

What’s more shocking is fans who apparently played and and understand the game seem so quick to criticise officials.

I watched the City v Dortmund game and the Officials were good, any questionable moments came from the behaviour of the players and their willingness to cheat and trying to influence the Officials.

Do you mean the slo Mo’s and angles that VAR was brought into to be used ?‍♂️

The ref should have let the ball go in the net and then if there are any issues VAR would have picked it up - if it was a clear foul the goal would have be disallowed - instead he blew his whistle and denied Dortmund a goal that could potentially cost them millions and a place in the semi final -

The red didnt have a split second to make the decision - he has the tools at his disposal to allow play to continue and then check after - it took everything out of play and made the decision himself and got it very wrong and the only person to blame for that is the ref and no one else.

D

Deleted member 16999

Do you mean the slo Mo’s and angles that VAR was brought into to be used ?‍♂️

The ref should have let the ball go in the net and then if there are any issues VAR would have picked it up - if it was a clear foul the goal would have be disallowed - instead he blew his whistle and denied Dortmund a goal that could potentially cost them millions and a place in the semi final -

The red didnt have a split second to make the decision - he has the tools at his disposal to allow play to continue and then check after - it took everything out of play and made the decision himself and got it very wrong and the only person to blame for that is the ref and no one else.
Once again you prove you don’t understand the rules, the Ref blew because he believed he saw a foul, that’s it, game stops and therefore VAR could not be used to review the decision. All your points are irrelevant.

Either we play by the rules or we don’t.

The Referee made a bad decision, that has only been proved by TV replays.

We have to try and understand why decisions are made rather than crucifying Officials everytime they make what turns out to be a genuine error.

Funny how when a player from a team we support makes an error we see their fans coming up with all sorts of excuses of why it happened, but lack the same empathy when it comes to Officials.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

This also happened - the linesman asking for an autograph from a player ?

Both referees were shocking last night , some of the decisions were baffling - the one for Bellingham top of the bunch
I think the ref had decided Mane is a diver ( didn’t give him a thing even when fouled,)
I think he got it badly wrong and VAR is a joke .
It’s understandable in 50/50 but that was just shocking.

D

Deleted member 15344

Once again you prove you don’t understand the rules, the Ref blew because he believed he saw a foul, that’s it, game stops and therefore VAR could not be used to review the decision. All your points are irrelevant.

Either we play by the rules or we don’t.

The Referee made a bad decision, that has only been proved by TV replays.

We have to try and understand why decisions are made rather than crucifying Officials everytime they make what turns out to be a genuine error.

Funny how when a player from a team we support we see fans coming up with all sorts of excuses of why it happened, but lack the same empathy when it comes to Officials.

?‍♂️

Hence why I said the referee should have allowed play to carry on instead of blowing his whistle ?

They brought VAR in to help the referee make the right choice - the ball was rolling into the net , the simple choice was to allow it to continue and if the ref was right and it was a foul the goal would have been disallowed and play would have continued with a free kick

But as was seen it wasn’t a foul and should have been a goal - and if he hasn’t blown his whistle then VAR would have been used as it is for every goal scored

There is no excuse - it was poor from the referee, they brought in VAR to help them and his actions took it out of play and his actions were wrong

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Once he’s outside the box he’s just another player.
Keepers are protected to much.
Just let the game go on ,he scores and VAR tells the ref it’s not a foul.
I was quoting this decision , if the refs in a bad position that’s what VAR is for.!

D

Deleted member 16999

?‍♂️

Hence why I said the referee should have allowed play to carry on instead of blowing his whistle ?

They brought VAR in to help the referee make the right choice - the ball was rolling into the net , the simple choice was to allow it to continue and if the ref was right and it was a foul the goal would have been disallowed and play would have continued with a free kick

But as was seen it wasn’t a foul and should have been a goal - and if he hasn’t blown his whistle then VAR would have been used as it is for every goal scored

There is no excuse - it was poor from the referee, they brought in VAR to help them and his actions took it out of play and his actions were wrong
Use as many emoji’s as you like, on a pitch a Referee will blow his whistle when he sees a foul, they will only try and play the advantage if the advantage is for the team who have been fouled, ie, last night City did not have an advantage.

You really should try and move away from what you think should happen and see it as the Laws of the game intended.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
?‍♂️

Yes that is the exact reason they don’t flag for offside!

D

Deleted member 16999

Once he’s outside the box he’s just another player.
Keepers are protected to much.
Just let the game go on ,he scores and VAR tells the ref it’s not a foul.
I was quoting this decision , if the refs in a bad position that’s what VAR is for.!
He’s not in a bad position though! He’s up with play and only sees it from one angle, he saw two players challenge for the ball and decides Bellingham kicked the keeper and blows for a foul, once he blows for this offence VAR cannot be used.

Yes from other angles he’s wrong, but he hasn’t purposely made a wrong decision, he’s made the decision he believes is correct at the time.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes that is the exact reason they don’t flag for offside!

Yep - they want VAR to make the calls most of the time , and players are getting injured because of it

Before VAR it would have been a poor decision but with the tools in place and what was happening the ref just allows play to continue and VAR then checks to see if there is a foul - if there is the goal is disallowed , if there isn’t then Dortmund get the deserved goal - the commentary even said straight away they have no idea what he has seen there. It’s a decision that could cost Dortmund heavily and it’s a reason why VAR was brought in