The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

What’s the thoughts on TAA involvement in Madrid’s opening goal?

High line - ball played down the channel , line beaten by a great ball and even better run from the striker and the pace takes the player away from both the CB and RB

D

Deleted member 15344

This game is mental - Madrid are just a touch quick going forward , rapid at times , not helped by how slow the two CB’s are but it’s just end to end

If only I could find a way to turn off both the fake noise and McManaman

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got what we deserved there.
I don’t think I have ever seen a reds side give the ball away so much under no pressure.
We looked scared of them.
Ran out of ideas.
But Real played very well.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was a cracking assist .
And that’s why he HAS to be in the England starting 11 ?‍♂️???

I don't know what's happened to him, he seems to have turned from one of the most promising upcoming defenders into a liability. He looks distracted and almost arrogant when he's on the pitch, a Kyle Walker wannabe :LOL:
His loss in form is a huge loss for England though.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know what's happened to him, he seems to have turned from one of the most promising upcoming defenders into a liability. He looks distracted and almost arrogant when he's on the pitch, a Kyle Walker wannabe :LOL:

Nail on head .. arrogant is exactly how I would describe him

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's probably a lot easier to mask defensive vulnerability when you have Van Dijk in the side with you. Still, a lot of young players come through and look amazing when the pressure is still off, but then it goes to their head - like Dele Alli for example.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s lost the two main defenders who played along side him for the whole of last year.
The midfield in front of him are not preforming on a regular basis.
He is not an out and out defender more like a spare midfielder.
All defenders make mistakes.
Nobody has mentioned the cross for Jotta’s goal at the weekend.

We were playing one of the best teams in the world.
Who played very well by the way.

I am sure he will regain his form soon ,all players have dips.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's probably a lot easier to mask defensive vulnerability when you have Van Dijk in the side with you. Still, a lot of young players come through and look amazing when the pressure is still off, but then it goes to their head - like Dele Alli for example.
Spot on .
If you have VVD covering for you it makes your life a lot easier.

D

Deleted member 15344

It was a mistake for the second goal but then he was also outstanding when covering twice to deny them a clear goalscoring chance - the covering tackle on Benzema was superb. His touch that started the move for the goals was excellent as well

TAA is in a long line of very talented England players that people appear to want to shoot down when they have a dip in form - he isn’t arrogant and it’s laughable to suggest he is. He is 21 , already won the big trophies, proven himself on the big stage - right now he along with a lot of players are suffering with form dips and confidence, it’s going to happen with the season the club is happening.

People will continue to rip him apart especially the engerland fans and I hope he would be one of the first to just walk away from England , it’s a national team that’s been nothing but hype and disappointment for the past 30 years.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a mistake for the second goal but then he was also outstanding when covering twice to deny them a clear goalscoring chance - the covering tackle on Benzema was superb. His touch that started the move for the goals was excellent as well

TAA is in a long line of very talented England players that people appear to want to shoot down when they have a dip in form - he isn’t arrogant and it’s laughable to suggest he is. He is 21 , already won the big trophies, proven himself on the big stage - right now he along with a lot of players are suffering with form dips and confidence, it’s going to happen with the season the club is happening.

People will continue to rip him apart especially the engerland fans and I hope he would be one of the first to just walk away from England , it’s a national team that’s been nothing but hype and disappointment for the past 30 years.
What are you going on about? :LOL: The last player to walk out on England was Chris Sutton and he is still living it down 25 years later. You say he's not arrogant so I'm sure he's not going to turn his back on the England team for not picking him when he's still only 21, as that would be about the most arrogant thing he could possibly do.

Personally I would have him in the squad as an attacking option against the poorer teams, then maybe put someone more defensive-minded in against the top teams. But if Southgate leaves him out, it's not the end by any stretch, he will keep learning the defensive side of the game and I'm sure it won't be too long before he nails down that starting spot.