The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it’s not a penalty then the Soton forward should be booked for simulation.

This should happen in 99% of matches to cut out attempted cheating.:mad:

If they start using VAR properly (as they did tonight in my opinion) strikers will soon learn that they aren't going to fool the ref and may even realise its better to try and stay on their feet. But until officials can get simple decisions correct with the aid of a vidoe replay then its going to keep happening.

D

Deleted member 16999

And the flip side of that being that it can be a foul AND a dive. Would love to see refs start giving penalties for fouls and also booking the attacker for diving.
I believe that would be impossible to get any sort of consistency though and open up a can of worms.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't want to get told off for turning the Random Irritations thread into another football thread so my random football irritation is my team. The following two images are pretty self explanatory.
League2.JPG

League2_a.JPG

That's 13 games without a win and we've gone from 9 points away from being top of the table to 9 points away from being bottom.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lucas Digne has signed a new contract until 2025. That means we either keep him or anyone wanting to buy him has to pay a small fortune. Great news for Everton, I'm hoping he stays with us.

It's been a great week for us. Derby win, new ground gets planning approval yesterday, Digne signs new deal today.

4LEX

Visit site
Lucas Digne has signed a new contract until 2025. That means we either keep him or anyone wanting to buy him has to pay a small fortune. Great news for Everton, I'm hoping he stays with us.

It's been a great week for us. Derby win, new ground gets planning approval yesterday, Digne signs new deal today.

It'll be under water by the time it's built! :whistle:;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It'll be under water by the time it's built! :whistle:;)
You must have missed the last page of the plan. The ground will rise / float with water like houses do in Holland ?.

The one issue I haven't seen resolved is traffic links. The current set up along that road is not fit for purpose so hopefully they have a cunning plan to move 52k people in and out on match day whilst also dealing with the existing traffic that goes along there.

D

Deleted member 16999

You must have missed the last page of the plan. The ground will rise / float with water like houses do in Holland ?.

The one issue I haven't seen resolved is traffic links. The current set up along that road is not fit for purpose so hopefully they have a cunning plan to move 52k people in and out on match day whilst also dealing with the existing traffic that goes along there.
http://www.infrastructure-intellige...ew-everton-stadium-plans-unanimously-approved

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Water taxi.
From a park and ride
The roads there are worse than around Goodson ,very narrow.
The Southport line is just up the hill as well.
It does look very good.