The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
He wasn’t though he was 15 yds inside the Everton half that’s why he was offside.
Everton player picks the ball up spins it into Liverpool’s half then takes the kick.
So not only in the wrong place but in the wrong half of the pitch.

I must have not seen this incident then. I thought it was the one where Digne took the free kick right at the end and played a big cross field ball.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So if the VAR ref says you better have another look, you think you should only watch it once from one angle (the worst angle).

Ok if the first angle shows the attacker getting cleaned out, but when the initial contact is kneeing the defender in the head, how can he give that?

I'll be honest in real time and before any replays I thought it was going to be a pen, but after seeing it in all other angles, as well as the first it was never a pen.

One look once when your asked to review?

Poor from one of the 4 greater Manchester based referees. ;)

Good performance by the blues, though. Welcome back Tiger man, its been so long.(y)
Haha, when it could be another 22 years till the next one it has to be enjoyed! Not the same with no fans though is it, cant really class it as home and away games this year but beggars cant be chooses.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I must have not seen this incident then. I thought it was the one where Digne took the free kick right at the end and played a big cross field ball.

No what happened a Liverpool player was off side. As happens with a free kick the first player got to the ball and kicked it forward towards the half way line. A second player walked to the ball picked it up and spun the ball into Liverpool’s half. For me it was a fair result but I thought the ref missed a few things during the game.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
On non Merseyside matters, apparently there are some, the sweat must be forming on Tyneside right now. Fulham are putting scores together, their key goalscorer is out for a while and they are struggling for wins. 3 points is nothing.

Backed NUFC at 9/2 for the drop a couple of months back. They have improved recently but the loss of Wilson is a massive blow as he is the only decent striker they have. Glad to see Fulham putting a decent run together, although from what I've seen they miss far too many chances. Think it will go to the wire between those 2.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Backed NUFC at 9/2 for the drop a couple of months back. They have improved recently but the loss of Wilson is a massive blow as he is the only decent striker they have. Glad to see Fulham putting a decent run together, although from what I've seen they miss far too many chances. Think it will go to the wire between those 2.
Ave just had a look at the fixtures for both teams for the rest of the season. Oh heck there brutal for both. So I don’t think there’s any advantage there. So where could it be decided. Last game of the season is, yup you have guessed it Fulham v Newcastle. Tasty. Those 3 extra points at the moment look massive for Newcastle.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I had you down as a Geordie, but I guess you’re a Mackem

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On non Merseyside matters, apparently there are some, the sweat must be forming on Tyneside right now. Fulham are putting scores together, their key goalscorer is out for a while and they are struggling for wins. 3 points is nothing.

Sadly, it’s looking very worrying for the Toon Army. For the life of me I can’t understand the Steve Bruce appointment, and I said so at the time.
He’s been all over the place and has never done anything, then again with an mackem on the coaching staff what else can you expect

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ave just had a look at the fixtures for both teams for the rest of the season. Oh heck there brutal for both. So I don’t think there’s any advantage there. So where could it be decided. Last game of the season is, yup you have guessed it Fulham v Newcastle. Tasty. Those 3 extra points at the moment look massive for Newcastle.

What an end to the season that could be!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly, it’s looking very worrying for the Toon Army. For the life of me I can’t understand the Steve Bruce appointment, and I said so at the time.
He’s been all over the place and has never done anything, then again with an mackem on the coaching staff what else can you expect
He was available, cheap in PL terms and is used to working with a small budget. If he goes would it surprise you if Mark Hughes was next up?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
That's worrying tbh. I'd rather see lanzini / fornals / Ben Johnson/ David Moyes given a chance in midfield instead of noble come on at any point now.

No I’m happy to have him on the bench, lanzini, benrahama, bowen etc can all be a bit lightweight sometimes. We might need him to add a bit of bite. (Hope not but rather be looking at him than looking for him)
No what’s worrying for me is that we have too goalkeeper subs, that shows our depth of squad!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No I’m happy to have him on the bench, lanzini, benrahama, bowen etc can all be a bit lightweight sometimes. We might need him to add a bit of bite. (Hope not but rather be looking at him than looking for him)
No what’s worrying for me is that we have too goalkeeper subs, that shows our depth of squad!

I don't think it's that big a deal, the bench is allowed to be bigger now do think of normal times you would have 7 subs on the bench you wouldn't notice

Frederick's has withdrawn I read so keeper took his place

We still have yarmenlko, masauku and ogbonna on the treatment table so they could fill that place

Bit late to call a youth player in