The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Too many changes?

The changes never helped/worked but we were still very poor, never won many 1st/2nd balls. Passing and movement was too slow.

One of those days, it happens, we need to react early Saturday morning.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do we have an issue with parity between matches now that some clubs will be allowed, in most cases, 2000 fans in the stadium whilst others must remain empty. Just to take 2 obvious examples, Liverpool can now have fans in the ground but Manchester United cannot.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do we have an issue with parity between matches now that some clubs will be allowed, in most cases, 2000 fans in the stadium whilst others must remain empty. Just to take 2 obvious examples, Liverpool can now have fans in the ground but Manchester United cannot.

I believe it is an issue - I don’t think it’s right that some clubs can have fans and others can’t - should be all in or not

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
2,000 fans will rattle in these big stadiums, particularly as they will need to spread out. If they impact players then those players need to have a look at themselves. It won't be the same as a compact bunch of away fans who can make some noise.

10k may make a difference but I don't see 2k doing the same.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
2,000 fans will rattle in these big stadiums, particularly as they will need to spread out. If they impact players then those players need to have a look at themselves. It won't be the same as a compact bunch of away fans who can make some noise.

10k may make a difference but I don't see 2k doing the same.
Remember that they’re suggesting fans won’t be allowed to stand, sign or shout... atmosphere won’t be increased at all.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Yes, slightly.

Another example is all the Southern clubs (and Merseyside ones) vs all the other northern clubs.

Northern powerhouse? Its a sham.

4LEX

Visit site
I watched parts of the N Ireland game last week and even a small number of fans made a big difference. Stuff like noise at corners or attacks will be a step in the right direction.

Totally unfair to have home advantage for some and not others, though.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I see BBC are showing Aston Villa v Palace on Boxing day - after watching the dismal performance the other day v Burnley at least I can still enjoy my Boxing day PM nap!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, slightly.

Another example is all the Southern clubs (and Merseyside ones) vs all the other northern clubs.

Northern powerhouse? Its a sham.

Plus the fact that Colchester in tier 2 will be allowed 2000 fans in the stadium. That's not far off our usual attendance and with no away fans should give us an advantage. How can that be fair to clubs who aren't allowed fans in?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plus the fact that Colchester in tier 2 will be allowed 2000 fans in the stadium. That's not far off our usual attendance and with no away fans should give us an advantage. How can that be fair to clubs who aren't allowed fans in?

No singing or shouting tho so arsenal would have massive advantage

We play 100% better without our over negative moaning fans

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Not good enough from the reds. Brighton fully deserved the draw. Could easily have won it. Commentators really want to bring the controversy with VAR but all 3 decisions were correct.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I guess everything is going to be refereed by VAR now , i thought the whole idea of VAR overturning “clear and obvious” decisions - but it looks like it’s going to be every single decision will be looked at in slow motion will the smallest detail. Was always in belief that VAR was going to ruin the sport and as each week goes by that is happening. The fluid imperfect game is no longer with us - and I also thought they brought in tolerances for offsides ?!

Maybe it’s just me but the enjoyment of the game is being sucked dry

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Well I guess everything is going to be refereed by VAR now , i thought the whole idea of VAR overturning “clear and obvious” decisions - but it looks like it’s going to be every single decision will be looked at in slow motion will the smallest detail. Was always in belief that VAR was going to ruin the sport and as each week goes by that is happening. The fluid imperfect game is no longer with us - and I also thought they brought in tolerances for offsides ?!

Maybe it’s just me but the enjoyment of the game is being sucked dry
Once it was looked at, do you think it was a penalty?