Premier League 2020/21 Season

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Was a cracking assist .
And that’s why he HAS to be in the England starting 11 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂
I don't know what's happened to him, he seems to have turned from one of the most promising upcoming defenders into a liability. He looks distracted and almost arrogant when he's on the pitch, a Kyle Walker wannabe :LOL:
His loss in form is a huge loss for England though.

I don't know what's happened to him, he seems to have turned from one of the most promising upcoming defenders into a liability. He looks distracted and almost arrogant when he's on the pitch, a Kyle Walker wannabe :LOL:
Nail on head .. arrogant is exactly how I would describe him

It's probably a lot easier to mask defensive vulnerability when you have Van Dijk in the side with you. Still, a lot of young players come through and look amazing when the pressure is still off, but then it goes to their head - like Dele Alli for example.

He’s lost the two main defenders who played along side him for the whole of last year.
The midfield in front of him are not preforming on a regular basis.
He is not an out and out defender more like a spare midfielder.
All defenders make mistakes.
Nobody has mentioned the cross for Jotta’s goal at the weekend.

We were playing one of the best teams in the world.
Who played very well by the way.

I am sure he will regain his form soon ,all players have dips.

It's probably a lot easier to mask defensive vulnerability when you have Van Dijk in the side with you. Still, a lot of young players come through and look amazing when the pressure is still off, but then it goes to their head - like Dele Alli for example.
Spot on .
If you have VVD covering for you it makes your life a lot easier.

Thread starter #7,292
It was a mistake for the second goal but then he was also outstanding when covering twice to deny them a clear goalscoring chance - the covering tackle on Benzema was superb. His touch that started the move for the goals was excellent as well

TAA is in a long line of very talented England players that people appear to want to shoot down when they have a dip in form - he isn’t arrogant and it’s laughable to suggest he is. He is 21 , already won the big trophies, proven himself on the big stage - right now he along with a lot of players are suffering with form dips and confidence, it’s going to happen with the season the club is happening.

People will continue to rip him apart especially the engerland fans and I hope he would be one of the first to just walk away from England , it’s a national team that’s been nothing but hype and disappointment for the past 30 years.

It was a mistake for the second goal but then he was also outstanding when covering twice to deny them a clear goalscoring chance - the covering tackle on Benzema was superb. His touch that started the move for the goals was excellent as well

TAA is in a long line of very talented England players that people appear to want to shoot down when they have a dip in form - he isn’t arrogant and it’s laughable to suggest he is. He is 21 , already won the big trophies, proven himself on the big stage - right now he along with a lot of players are suffering with form dips and confidence, it’s going to happen with the season the club is happening.

People will continue to rip him apart especially the engerland fans and I hope he would be one of the first to just walk away from England , it’s a national team that’s been nothing but hype and disappointment for the past 30 years.
What are you going on about? :LOL: The last player to walk out on England was Chris Sutton and he is still living it down 25 years later. You say he's not arrogant so I'm sure he's not going to turn his back on the England team for not picking him when he's still only 21, as that would be about the most arrogant thing he could possibly do.

Personally I would have him in the squad as an attacking option against the poorer teams, then maybe put someone more defensive-minded in against the top teams. But if Southgate leaves him out, it's not the end by any stretch, he will keep learning the defensive side of the game and I'm sure it won't be too long before he nails down that starting spot.

What are you going on about? :LOL: The last player to walk out on England was Chris Sutton and he is still living it down 25 years later. You say he's not arrogant so I'm sure he's not going to turn his back on the England team for not picking him when he's still only 21, as that would be about the most arrogant thing he could possibly do.

Personally I would have him in the squad as an attacking option against the poorer teams, then maybe put someone more defensive-minded in against the top teams. But if Southgate leaves him out, it's not the end by any stretch, he will keep learning the defensive side of the game and I'm sure it won't be too long before he nails down that starting spot.
Some people just need to stick to hockey 🏒

Thread starter #7,295

Chris Sutton said be wouldnt play for the England B team and because of that Hoddle wouldn’t pick him again. If England called him up again he would have gone and played

I know TAA isn’t going to walk away from England - I didn’t suggest he would actually do it 🤦‍♂️

As for the more “defensive minded” - there is only one Right back with better defensive stats than TAA and thats AWB not the three RB Southgate picked.

But ultimately the main point is it’s another Young England player who gets ripped apart when they drop down a level - it’s a regular occurrence with Engerland fans ( mainly from small clubs who have witnessed zero success in their lifetime ) - one minute they are lorded the next minute not good enough - also stemming from the media.
Some people just need to stick to hockey 🏒
As I said previously - it’s funny when people who know me say it but it’s nothing but derogatory and insulting from someone who doesn’t. If you want to post snarky comments directed towards me then pop to a meet and then see someone in person first. Your post adds nothing but to attempt to wind people up. I’m not posting anything derogatory aimed at you - please apply the same common courtesy

Pin-seeker

Money List Winner

Right so when he plays well like last season you get to bang on about him every 2 mins,but when he’s poor no ones aloud to criticise him? 🤷‍♂️

Chris Sutton said be wouldnt play for the England B team and because of that Hoddle wouldn’t pick him again. If England called him up again he would have gone and played

I know TAA isn’t going to walk away from England - I didn’t suggest he would actually do it 🤦‍♂️

As for the more “defensive minded” - there is only one Right back with better defensive stats than TAA and thats AWB not the three RB Southgate picked.

But ultimately the main point is it’s another Young England player who gets ripped apart when they drop down a level - it’s a regular occurrence with Engerland fans ( mainly from small clubs who have witnessed zero success in their lifetime ) - one minute they are lorded the next minute not good enough - also stemming from the media.

As I said previously - it’s funny when people who know me say it but it’s nothing but derogatory and insulting from someone who doesn’t. If you want to post snarky comments directed towards me then pop to a meet and then see someone in person first. Your post adds nothing but to attempt to wind people up. I’m not posting anything derogatory aimed at you - please apply the same common courtesy
Always fine when you do it Phil 😘

Nothing better than a hypocrite 🤣

Thread starter #7,298

Pin-seeker

Money List Winner

I wouldn’t read too much into the Stats Phil 👍🏻

Actually Trippier has also made more tackles and clearances this season, but he wasn't on the comparison given before because they did Premier League only. I agree that fans and media treat England players terribly - I even see it on here regularly against the likes of Kane and Sterling as well, both of whom are world class. But you're acting like it's totally outrageous if TAA doesn't go to the Euros, when it just isn't. He's not recaptured the same form, and right back is one of our most plentiful positions, so we have other options. His time will come, probably in the World Cup which is only a year and a half away.