Pre season bag clean up!!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Still the one fuschia sharpie,
A dozen ikea and screwfix pencils (they say only two things will survive a nuclear blast, cockroaches and free pencils)
A small Chinese tea box I was given when over there, full of broken tees that always come in handy for irons off the tee and markers/repairers from different clubs I've been to. The rest dwindles away over winter then gets refreshed with a box of balls and new long wooden tees. Got a decent bit of credit sat in my account so maybe a new driver or putter might make its way in there too. Cant justify replacing my TM bag yet as its still watertight but I'm sure ill find a reason eventually! :D .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did this exercise just before Christmas. I can't top @IanM but I did take out a host of pencils and ball markers as the number I had in the bag was plain silly. I used to spend 30-60 seconds or so in the car park, hand in bag, trying to choose which ball marker to go with. Halving the number has reduced the choosing time by quite a bit :LOL:

24 sharpies though, 24 o_O

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't even own anything close to those numbers. My bag is pretty streamlined to be honest. I make sure it is at the start of winter when I need to start carrying - not afterwards! Only ever have about 7 or 8 balls, a handful of tees, etc.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Just got everything out of my trolley bag for a tidy up.

32 pencils
24 sharpies
9 pitch forks
17 ball markers

Thats before the usual balls, gloves and tees.

What a mess... bet some of you are worse!

This has made me feel a lot better, thank you. For some bizarre reason I have about 40 golf pencils but never any in my bag, I do have at least 200 tees though and £8.67 in loose change

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I should chuck out the smelly gloves at some point, not to sure what other horrors are lurking or that I dare look. I also have far too many tatty balls that I think I should use for shots over water but never bother and just mean that my bag weighs a ton.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone usually posts a thread about how many balls they have in their bag at some point. In my recent clear out I went down from 30 to 20 but that still made me shudder slightly. I don't lose many now, different when I first started partly due to the style of course I was playing, but having a bag full of balls is a crutch I struggle to shake off. I'm pleased I have an electric trolley and don't have to carry the excess weight.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A couple of years ago, after returning from a break from golf, my mate decided to clear out his bag and locker .
Phew !!! he'd left a damp set of waterproofs in the bag for 4 months, the smell was horrendous when he opened the locker door.:eek:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I just seem to accumulate tees....broken ones, found whole ones....
I had a clear out before Xmas, all the broken ones were binned and I just had a dozen or so of each in the pocket of my bag..
The damn thing is bursting at the seems again....
I don't get it:oops:

D

Deleted member 23270

Smelly gloves and broken tees seems to pretty much sum up my bag ?

D

Deleted member 1147

You must have all my pencils, I can barely ever find one.

Marking a card with a Sharpie ain't easy!

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Someone usually posts a thread about how many balls they have in their bag at some point. In my recent clear out I went down from 30 to 20 but that still made me shudder slightly. I don't lose many now, different when I first started partly due to the style of course I was playing, but having a bag full of balls is a crutch I struggle to shake off. I'm pleased I have an electric trolley and don't have to carry the excess weight.

There is water in play on 15 holes at my home course. I always carry a number of balls. That said, this morning i completed my third round with the same ball, a mini victory!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

I've always got loads of balls. Similar to you, don't lose many now I've got a bit better - actually used the same ball for 4 rounds at this point.. but I still believe I need at least 20 balls in the bag :ROFLMAO:

babylonsinger

Visit site

I had the same problem regarding the number of balls I carried around for a few years when I started playing. Eventually realised that the additional weight was a massive hindrance. Carry about 8 now with the attitude that if I lose them during a round it's probably best I leave it there for the day

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find more balls than I lose and no matter how good or bad they are I chuck em in the bag. I had a clear out last week and gave 2 dozen to a mate that can lose them faster than they come off the production line. I keep Pro Vs and give him the rest. I also cleared out about 30 pink castle tees that I do not use. Too short for driver and too long for a 3 wood. I have never met anybody that has owned up to buying these yet they must be the most used tee of any kind.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just got everything out of my trolley bag for a tidy up.

32 pencils
24 sharpies
9 pitch forks
17 ball markers

Thats before the usual balls, gloves and tees.

What a mess... bet some of you are worse!

Now that made me laugh 32 pencils? I can barely find one.