Practice net. Any horror story?

iku

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm seriously considering buying a practice net for my garden. I live in a terraced house in Richmond and have other properties all around me. So ANY ball missing the net or going through it would definitely hit someone elses house, car, kids...

I've been looking on the internet and have seen any kind of net. Can you recommend any?

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought one but set it up on my right hand side, no point trying to catch shots that go straight if all I do is $h@nk it

:rofl::rofl:
Sorry Scienceboy for laughing,but got image of seeing you line up and look of horror:eek: from ur neighbour that backs onto urs as ur not aiming at the bloody net:clap:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually made my own out of that green netting that you'd see around the scaffolding on some building sites......Short term....Excellent......Long term......Biiiiiiiiiiig mistake....
It was 8 feet across and about 8 feet high with no openings either side.....

I began hitting my usual 7 irons like i always did....But this night in question a few had hit the net and dropped but then after 1 particular swing....Nothing only that sound that you can here when you ball flies through the leaves of trees without hitting timber......And the a pause..........And BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suffice to say it was good while it lasted:):):).....
I dont think that the occupant of the house on the opposite street that was only 60 yards away at best was impressed and really didnt know where or how that ball landed in his yard:):):)

Morale of the story: Buy one dont make one....At least if it goes through that you can blame the manufacturers....

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't see the point in them. Apart from the quality of the strike there is no feedback on direction, flight or distance. I'd rather not practice than use one

Got to agree here. You could be practicing away and without seeing the ball flight fully you could be ingraining a slice or hook without knowing. Leave alone I say and get to the range or your clubs practice ground

jgozza

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On page 143 in the new April Golf Monthly there is a site advertising them called golfnetsonline.co.uk :D