PowaKaddy standard wheels

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought a CT6 a month or so ago and love it...except for the wheels. The tyre material is very hard and has no grip, so going up a very steep slope I found the wheels were spinning. I have winter wheels but the smoothness of the standard wheels is going to a problem even in the height of summer I think.

Anyone come up with a solution, such as rubber over tyres?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've had no problem in the summer with the CT6, but in winter, you just need to be mindful of speed and angles, as you're right: it can slide around all over the place if you're not paying attention. I've not found it too troubling, but for courses that need winter wheels it was a pain as I'd have to carry
I was lucky to be given by the club's GM a set of hedgehog style covers you mention, that stretch over the wheels. They bought them for their rental trolleys, but then decided they did more damage so weren't using them. So I only use them on courses that demand winter wheels, so they have been very handy over the winter.
Only problem is the clip that came with them to secure them doesn't fit the CT6 wheels, so if you are going down that route, check the dimensions first as without the clips, they're ever so slightly loose.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The winter wheels are massive, about twice the size of the standard wheels. Sort of defeats the object of having a compact trolley.
Yeah, that's a good point. Hadn't checked the sizing, but the reason for buying the CT6 was for its small size.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had mine for over a year and used in all conditions. Grip has never been on my radar
I'm sure they will be fine 99% of the time, however I played recently at course (Burnham Beeches) where one of the holes had sharp dip where the upslope was probably 45 degrees or so. Had some serious slippage!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure they will be fine 99% of the time, however I played recently at course (Burnham Beeches) where one of the holes had sharp dip where the upslope was probably 45 degrees or so. Had some serious slippage!
Unless you fit tank tracks that's always going to happen