Powakaddy c2i no initial power

Mossman3537

Visit site
Purchased December 2019.. 36 hole c2i powakaddy trolley. Straight from opening the box the power is only available after waiting 5 minutes, one occasion it took twelve holes for start up, been back to powakaddy for testing/troubleshooting and no faults where found. Battery is charged and kept indoors whilst the trolley is either kept in garage or car boot ready for the next round. Power is intermittent on initial start up, once up and running it doesn't miss a beat. Think I've been sold a non runner. Any advice on similar issues please

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had one for a couple of years. No problems what so ever like you are describing.

If it doesn't start from the off I'd be fuming and looking a replacement.

Did the fault not appear at all when it was sent back?

Mossman3537

Visit site
No faults shown, I've been given a printout of the volt testing on the battery. I believe the fault is within the trolley not the battery. I took it for granted that it was "warming up" somehow as it was almost nigh on to the minute that it would turn on after 5 minutes, it's only when some of the lads mentioned it that their Motocaddys and others with powakaddy turn on instantly. It's been purchased through AG and it shall be going back.
Where are you storing your trolley Gary and what's the start up time on yours...seconds no doubt, like I've been told by the lads at the course

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No faults shown, I've been given a printout of the volt testing on the battery. I believe the fault is within the trolley not the battery. I took it for granted that it was "warming up" somehow as it was almost nigh on to the minute that it would turn on after 5 minutes, it's only when some of the lads mentioned it that their Motocaddys and others with powakaddy turn on instantly. It's been purchased through AG and it shall be going back.
Where are you storing your trolley Gary and what's the start up time on yours...seconds no doubt, like I've been told by the lads at the course

It literally starts as soon as I attach the battery. Trolly stays in my boot and the battery either in the boot or the house after I charge it.
I used to look after the battery as per the instructions but these days it may sit in my boot for 5 days inbetween games. Laziness has set in.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a c2 and it powers up immediately.
But this model has other design faults and I would advise against buying it.
If you only got it recently I'd try and persuade AG to exchange it for another model. Motocaddy do a similar type that folds up really small (M1pro?)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sometimes they don't always do a road test after repairing a trolley, it's all done using computers or AVO meters.
My mate sent his back with the opposite fault from yours, as soon as he switched on it shot away like a rocket on full speed.
Same happened when he got it back after the 1st repair, whoosh !! off it went again.
Luckily it was a GoKart [ Auto ] , they picked it up twice under guarantee and left a temp replacement on both occasions and eventually returned it brand new with a new full warranty.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
C2i user here too, no issues with mine, power instant when pressing the go button. Would take it ack to AG immediatley, both the trolley and the battery and demo the issue to them. Did you send both to Powkaddy, or just the battery? If the latter, their testing would not test your trolley, only the battery which works in stand alone tests, and in another trolley.