Post Lockdown Competitions 2021 ?? - How are you getting on? Are you playing in one this week?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played in the weekly stableford comp yesterday. 49 entrants and I won with 38 points. Hurrah! Just as interesting is the two chaps in joint second place. One off 26 got 6 pars and so was 25 over for the other 12 holes. - bogeys, doubles, trebles and a 9 on a par 5. Other chap played off 13 - he made 6 pars and 12 bogeys - very steady stuff in comparison with Mr 26 hcap.

Boomy

Visit site
Playing a stableford today, off the white tees ??‍♂️ Glorious day on the Cumbrian coast, wind pretty calm and sun shining ?

Are you playing in a competition this weekend?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A much coveted (by me) board comp cup tomorrow. I don’t know why I just want this one, which is probably why I’ve been shocking in past editions. We’ve only had a couple of normal comps to date, first one was Jekyll and Hyde stuff and was working for the second so Season Proper starts tomorrow for me.

First round of pairs knockout with my buddy Monday against a couple of lads we’ll give a boatload of shots to.

Game on.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A week ago I was shooting 2 under gross for the back 9.
Since then its completely gone to rat:poop: and I go into tomorrow's Medal with absolutely no expectations of producing any sort of decent golf...
Had a Stableford midweek which was not quite a disaster...tomorrow could be a struggle.
One of my 8 counting rounds is coming off so if the handicap goes up at least it will annoy Fragger....

D

Deleted member 3432

Playing a stableford today, off the white tees ??‍♂️ Glorious day on the Cumbrian coast, wind pretty calm and sun shining ?

Are you playing in a competition this weekend?

Managed to turn a round that should have been a 74 at worst into a 79. Not a happy bunny.

Course is playing great at present unlike my mind....:mad:

Mandofred

Visit site
since starting up again.....absolute crap. I couldn't hit a ball to save my life. The last 2 holes today I resorted to a swing I haven't used in years.....and it worked.....but it's really ugly. This can't continue.......there isn't enough beer in the UK to keep me playing like this.....

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Done really well in todays medal 88/70 2 magic 2s on the 2nd and 13th, I could of played better left a few putts just short and an 8 on the 16th par 5 which I normally par

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Medal tomorrow one of my top 8 will fall off afterwards, happens to be my best score too.

Need my sensible head on and remember that I’m not Seve ?

Boomy

Visit site
Managed to turn a round that should have been a 74 at worst into a 79. Not a happy bunny.

Course is playing great at present unlike my mind....:mad:

I may as well have had a day down the beach the amount of times I was in the bunkers today ?

12 points out, 21 back ? Humph!

D

Deleted member 3432

I may as well have had a day down the beach the amount of times I was in the bunkers today ?

12 points out, 21 back ? Humph!

I imploded on back 9. Somehow lost my 2nd shot on 11 fron the right hand rough. Can only think I got a massive flier and airmailed the green.
Repaired some damage with eagle on 14 but bogied in with some very poor play.

Boomy

Visit site
Looking forward to a stableford competition at Silloth tomorrow ??‍♂️

Also really looking forward to playing in the pairs ??‍♂️??‍♂️ open at Royal Musselburgh next weekend, a bargain at £16 (a pair)

D

Deleted member 3432

Looking forward to a stableford competition at Silloth tomorrow ??‍♂️

Also really looking forward to playing in the pairs ??‍♂️??‍♂️ open at Royal Musselburgh next weekend, a bargain at £16 (a pair)

Not another Stableford?

All these comps were medals pre covid.

Another stupid winning score no doubt although with luck the stronger wind tomorrow will be more of a factor than it has been, especially switching back to the prevailing direction. No gentle opening 9 this week :D

Boomy

Visit site
Not another Stableford?

All these comps were medals pre covid.

Another stupid winning score no doubt although with luck the stronger wind tomorrow will be more of a factor than it has been, especially switching back to the prevailing direction. No gentle opening 9 this week :D

Yeah i believe so, it says stableford on the IG app.

I played (dreadfully) on Friday night which was my first time in stronger wind and with the front 9 tougher - it was a learning curve ? Looking forward to tomorrow though.

FC4EE4EB-C1AB-4124-91BD-F3D35A0DCBF3.png

D

Deleted member 3432

Yeah i believe so, it says stableford on the IG app.

I played (dreadfully) on Friday night which was my first time in stronger wind and with the front 9 tougher - it was a learning curve ? Looking forward to tomorrow though.

View attachment 36532
Its been strange the last few weeks, generally hitting iron on the 1st 3 holes and then driver on 4.

It will be driver on the 1st 3 and iron on the 4th tomorrow.

No mid iron for the 2nd shot on 5 either, more likely mid iron for the 3rd shot :ROFLMAO:

Boomy

Visit site
Its been strange the last few weeks, generally hitting iron on the 1st 3 holes and then driver on 4.

It will be driver on the 1st 3 and iron on the 4th tomorrow.

No mid iron for the 2nd shot on 5 either, more likely mid iron for the 3rd shot :ROFLMAO:

I’ve just been looking at 1 and 2 irons ? for punching off the tee and to capitalise on the summer roll... thinking of going up 0.5 on the shaft stiffness to keep the flight down.

It’s nice coming in from 14 onwards though with wind assist, and 11 too.

Boomy

Visit site
Playing in a pairs open this weekend at Royal Musselburgh, really looking forward to it having never played there before ?

Also just entered a pairs competition at Leven Links in July, played there previously so know what to expect and really looking forward to it.

It’s a bargain green fee when entering the opens. Only £8 for Royal Musselburgh and £20 for Leven Links ?

D

Deleted member 3432

19, 22 and 21 handicaps occupied the 1st three places on Sunday with 39 pts in windy conditions.

4 single figure handicappers in top 20 out of a field of 142.

Boomy

Visit site
19, 22 and 21 handicaps occupied the 1st three places on Sunday with 39 pts in windy conditions.

4 single figure handicappers in top 20 out of a field of 142.

Yeah I’ve just seen the results have came out, a big tie at the top on 39 points. I think it’s going to take a long time for handicap indexes to settle down and that is relying on people’s honesty and regularly putting cards in ? Either way 39 points is a dream out of my reach at the moment ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Yeah I’ve just seen the results have came out, a big tie at the top on 39 points. I think it’s going to take a long time for handicap indexes to settle down and that is relying on people’s honesty and regularly putting cards in ? Either way 39 points is a dream out of my reach at the moment ?

As a new member you will need time to work out how to play it, especially in winds like Sunday. I flushed a 5 iron on the 5th that carried 130 yards.

I ended up 12th, 5th in Div 1, would have got in the prizes if I could have holed out from 3 feet :ROFLMAO: