Post Lockdown Competitions 2021 ?? - How are you getting on? Are you playing in one this week?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven't entered a comp since October. Could have entered today but we hadn't played off the whites before at the new club (and weren't entirely sure how to enter anyway) so we decided to play off the whites and not enter. I promptly shot 3 under handicap. Doh.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No comps at my club until the end of May. We've been open to local members all the way through. People from outwith the local authority returned this weekend.
Glad we have WHS general play as an option.
Playing Goswick Open a week tomorrow, look forward to that.

Boomy

Visit site
The weather was fab ☀️ and the course in superb condition ⛳️ but my round was ‘mixed’ to say the least.. I seen parts of the course I’d never seen before ? (and would prefer not to see again) Scraped 27 points so nowhere near my new handicap.. but it’s a starting point so onwards and upwards ?

D

Deleted member 3432

The weather was fab ☀️ and the course in superb condition ⛳️ but my round was ‘mixed’ to say the least.. I seen parts of the course I’d never seen before ? (and would prefer not to see again) Scraped 27 points so nowhere near my new handicap.. but it’s a starting point so onwards and upwards ?

Its really starting to firm up now and play proper links conditions.

Greens were running a little quicker than when I last played, suspect the iron was out this morning.

Boomy

Visit site

Greens were running a little quicker than when I last played, suspect the iron was out this morning.

Bizarrely I felt the greens were running slower, I was trying a different putter which may be the reason why ??‍♂️ but I really did think they felt slower than last week. Nice and true though ⛳️ all my misses rolled smoothly by ?

Fairways are definitely firmer, a lot of roll out of shots I wasn’t expecting. Lovely clipping a wedge off them too.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 comps down out 5 to get a good one in and my handicap index back down to single figure. Todays looked promising at one stage but 2 NRs put paid to that.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having the final winter league round tomorrow - this is my first competitive golf game since the easing of lockdown.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First competition of the season today 3man Texas scramble played in 20mph cold wind but we won with a 2 under par net 59, enjoyed the win but looking forward to the first medal as that's more of a test to see where games at

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 qualifiers in and it is becoming clear that I should stick to 9 hole golf. Played to handicap or thereabouts after 9 in all of them and then caved in. Today was the worst of the lot, including 3 x 3 off the tee coming home.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Yeah, ours were around 11.5 may be 12 today. I love putting on good greens, but having not played much recently, it was a bit of a surprise.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Competitions restarted this week so already had 1 Weekday Medal comp and 1 Board comp. Played to handicap in one and a bit below par in the other. Also played & won in a matchplay knockout. Am still in 6 different matchplay tournaments - 3 "winter" tournaments nearing completion, and 3 "summer" tournaments just starting. Gonna be busy over next few weeks.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Going to be playing in the Stableford on the Ashludie on Wednesday - my first comp in six years - out for a hit around it tonight to remind me where everything is as I've not played it since my membership got extended to include the Medal course at the start of the month.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Well got up to play yesterday after squeezing in a cancellation. Tee to green best performance in the past year but putter just wouldn’t warm up couldn’t buy a putt.

Managed 36 points which got me 2nd on count back, 37 points took Div 1.

The winning scores of yesterday for each div where as follows:

Div 4 only had around 15 entrants much less than each of the other divisions so smaller pool to achieve a good score I guess.

Div 1 - 37 Points
Div 2 - 39 Points
Div 3 - 40 Points
Div 4 - 34 Points

Boomy

Visit site
Don't think 47 will win, maybe 44 or 45 as it doesn't much friendlier than today.

Trying to get my game back on track after 2 or 3 years of poor play so I will take the 77 but there is much better golf in there, just need to eliminate the big left shot which has turned low/mid 70's into low 80's the last couple of years.

Up to Penrith on Monday for a lesson so hopefully things will slot into place shortly especially as my iron play seems to be in a better place than it was. Just need to find the fairway, missed both 14 and 17 which cost me 3 shots.

You were saying about 47 not winning ? Some big numbers again but saying that the conditions were very good.

D

Deleted member 3432

You were saying about 47 not winning ? Some big numbers again but saying that the conditions were very good.

Not seen a winning score like that since I have been a member and failed to score on 2 holes :ROFLMAO:

Sooner we are back to medals the better!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Blimey, some good stuff going on here.

Me? First medal for ages. Back tees, first time for ages. Golf? Some good (Eagle on 12), some bad, too many doubles to mention. 86, net 75.

So, 5 doubles, some rubbish, and it turns out the 86 is one of my best 8. Oh dear. That is sad. Jeez I must be rubbish.

Anyway, handicap index down for 10.1 to 9.8.