Post Lockdown Competitions 2021 ?? - How are you getting on? Are you playing in one this week?

Boomy

Visit site
I must be a sucker for punishment ? That’s a medal entered for the weekend ??‍♂️ “Must keep ball on fairway, must keep ball on fairway, must keep ball on fairway......”

D

Deleted member 3432

I must be a sucker for punishment ? That’s a medal entered for the weekend ??‍♂️ “Must keep ball on fairway, must keep ball on fairway, must keep ball on fairway......”

Good luck, I'm on night shifts so no golf for me.

May play in the comp Wednesday but with all the higher handicaps playing I may need to break course record to be competive :ROFLMAO:

Boomy

Visit site
Good luck, I'm on night shifts so no golf for me.

May play in the comp Wednesday but with all the higher handicaps playing I may need to break course record to be competive :ROFLMAO:

Cheers ?? Hoping I have a better round off the tee ?? Feeling much more confident with irons and wedges, feel coming back around the green. Off the tee and putting still way off.

Yeah there are certainly some big scores coming in! I’m sure it’ll all settle down as people play more and their index levels out ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Cheers ?? Hoping I have a better round off the tee ?? Feeling much more confident with irons and wedges, feel coming back around the green. Off the tee and putting still way off.

Yeah there are certainly some big scores coming in! I’m sure it’ll all settle down as people play more and their index levels out ?

Firmer conditions we are starting to see will sort a few out. Another week of dry weather and it will be running. I think the strange lack of any real wind has helped the higher handicappers enourmously, once we get back to the usual 2 or 3 club wind they will be struggling.

Firm, fast and windy from the south west, sounds perfect.....:D

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club has had two post-lockdown comps so far. First and second in the Stableford both had 40 points (off 10 & 16). The Medal was won on 1 under (nett - off 14) and second was level off 16. So not really any different to when played off Congu H/Cs

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in the Handicap Club Champs this weekend. 2 rounds where the top 30 from round 1 advance to day 2.

Nett 77 on the Bracken somehow got me though to day 2. Nett 74 on the Hotchkin saw me finish 14th which for a medal competition is amazing for me.

Just twigged that you are now a Woodhall Spa member. How standards have dropped at the home of England Golf.

Boomy

Visit site
Stroke play competition tomorrow ??‍♂️ Hoping for a similar performance as today without blowing up on 16 & 18.. The forecast is good again so there could be some low scores in!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First qualifier of the year tomorrow, medal format.

I've been playing okay compared to my new high WHS handicap so hopefully it won't be another of the disasters that occurred last year.

Boomy

Visit site
First qualifier of the year tomorrow, medal format.

I've been playing okay compared to my new high WHS handicap so hopefully it won't be another of the disasters that occurred last year.

All the best for tomorrow’s qualifier ??‍♂️ I you’ll be using a vintage set up? ?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
First cup tie I won by 4, over the moon, today 1st medal 104 /89 love this game ?
Been playing ok nowhere near today's score tho oh well let the season begin, hope you all do well ?️?️

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
All the best for tomorrow’s qualifier ??‍♂️ I you’ll be using a vintage set up? ?

Thanks and yep, Dunlop persimmon driver, Uniroyal laminated 3 & 4 woods, Ben Sayers "Ray Floyd irons, Goudie putter.
Played a couple of rounds with them now so should be okay, then all change on Monday.

Boomy

Visit site
Boom ? Chuft with my performance in today’s medal comp ??‍♂️ Net 75 off the white tees (which some were actually all the way back to where the blues are!) Finished 61st out of 138 starters AND best of all it’s my first round without losing a ball ? Next target sub 90 ?

We did have some fun on the 17th with where a PP’s ball ended up after his second shot ?

986C557F-A800-4E26-8F55-9A29E347035F.jpeg
“Where’s Bally”

F7A48AE1-F925-4610-901D-C499366DE88E.jpeg

Hmmmmmm ? how the hell do I play this ?

30CCD091-B28E-435E-8810-F85711ED752F.jpeg

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Will be out in the stableford again on Wednesday - we've had a spell of glorious sunshine accompanied by a chilly easterly wind for the last couple of weeks but it's forecast to rain every day this week at some point - and the wind is forecast to die right down - ah well, you win some and lose some.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Boom ? Chuft with my performance in today’s medal comp ??‍♂️ Net 75 off the white tees (which some were actually all the way back to where the blues are!) Finished 61st out of 138 starters AND best of all it’s my first round without losing a ball ? Next target sub 90 ?

We did have some fun on the 17th with where a PP’s ball ended up after his second shot ?

View attachment 36342
“Where’s Bally”

View attachment 36343

Hmmmmmm ? how the hell do I play this ?

View attachment 36344
Well done mate, I'm not sure that black disc on the back of your head conforms to the rules is that a training aid ?