POSITIVITY THREAD ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We added Mrs Colch's dad to our support bubble after he got let out of hospital so that he could come round and spend time with us and the kids. Have had him round three times in the last week to spend the day with us and play games with the boys.

Unfortunately today was the final time for a while. But......

Finally had the phone call from the hospital that Mrs Colch's mum is being allowed home tomorrow. She's still going to be needing oxygen and they're coming to fit a machine tomorrow morning that will give her what she needs but it's a day that we never thought we'd see. None of us expected her to come out of hospital especially after getting the "prepare for the worst" phone call a few weekends ago but she's beaten Covid and C-Diff and is being released to continue her recovery at home.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just completed Day1/Run1 of the Couch to 5K programme. Its not a lot but it's a start. And i didn't die so that's a bonus.

Ha ha ha! Everytime I do a tough workout in my home gym I come back into the lounge to two Labradors and say "Mummy didn't die today" :ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Space has always fascinated me, born 50 years to early. Pictures coming back already.
watching footage of a Saturn V lift-off still gives me a thrill, the excitement of these mid-late 1960s was something else. I still have my Glasgow Daily Record centre pages pull out map of the moon from 1969 and Apollo 11, with US and Russian flags to cut out and put on the map for all the landings that were thought to be going to happen over the coming years.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
watching footage of a Saturn V lift-off still gives me a thrill, the excitement of these mid-late 1960s was something else. I still have my Glasgow Daily Record centre pages pull out map of the moon from 1969 and Apollo 11, with US and Russian flags to cut out and put on the map for all the landings that were thought to be going to happen over the coming years.
If you haven't already, then get to see the 2019 film "Apollo 11". It's put together using only archival footage, and archival audio (so no narration, interviews, filming or anything else you normally get in a documentary). It's gripping stuff even though you already know exactly how it pans out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Just watched London Irish against Bristol in the Rugby Premiership.
34 all score line, with 2 teams who just looked to attack.

So nice to see rugby players play heads up rugby, and enjoy it.

Dickson reffed it well as well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Logged off work last night at 6pm and as I walked down the garden from the garden studio where I work i noticed it was still (just) light - Spring is sprung...?