POSITIVITY THREAD ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

NearHull

Visit site
What does that mean?
I’m assuming that you may be unsighted on YGU membership opportunities for golfers in Yorkshire. For me, it brings the opportunity to play in competitions across the County for a reasonable £18 about 6-8 times a year. Most, if not all are 4BBB. Joining is £40 (I think) for life. The website is very good. The page that takes you to these events is County Members. (The County Union does many other things of course.)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m assuming that you may be unsighted on YGU membership opportunities for golfers in Yorkshire. For me, it brings the opportunity to play in competitions across the County for a reasonable £18 about 6-8 times a year. Most, if not all are 4BBB. Joining is £40 (I think) for life. The website is very good. The page that takes you to these events is County Members. (The County Union does many other things of course.)
Yes, thanks, I'd found it & seen the opportunities it presents. It's very much like our Leeds & District Union that organises local golf Comps..... excellent value.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
First week of working a 4-day week - now no longer working Fridays and I shall build a wall around that day to prevent work inveigling it's insidious way in. So looking forward to many happy Fridays :)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch's dad has been released from hospital today after almost two weeks on the Covid ward and is back home to continue his recovery. With his underlying health conditions it's not a day that we thought, or even hoped, we'd see. Her mum is still in hospital but they seem to think that she's over the worst of it as well, so fingers crossed she'll be out soon as well.

I'm happy to admit that I broke lockdown rules today. Her dad had said that what he really wanted when he got out of hospital was some slow cooked game and after ringing round all of our local suppliers I finally found one that had a rabbit in stock 20 miles away. It wasn't an "essential" journey, and it would have been the most expensive rabbit I'd ever bought, but I would've happily taken the fine just to make it happen.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Mrs Colch's dad has been released from hospital today after almost two weeks on the Covid ward and is back home to continue his recovery. With his underlying health conditions it's not a day that we thought, or even hoped, we'd see. Her mum is still in hospital but they seem to think that she's over the worst of it as well, so fingers crossed she'll be out soon as well.

I'm happy to admit that I broke lockdown rules today. Her dad had said that what he really wanted when he got out of hospital was some slow cooked game and after ringing round all of our local suppliers I finally found one that had a rabbit in stock 20 miles away. It wasn't an "essential" journey, and it would have been the most expensive rabbit I'd ever bought, but I would've happily taken the fine just to make it happen.
It’s odd what we really want, what we really miss that helps us with our recovery. The other week I naively posted a picture of a pig that was not in its finest glory. But it was what he wanted. I hope he loves it. Sounds like it’s time to ask the MiL what she would like when she comes out. Chuffed to bits me man.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got round on time with a megga van load. So full was the van the Team Leader took a picture! Got loads of amazed and thumbs up messages from fellow drivers on completing on time. My wife reckons it's coz I'm getting fitter. What with that and the strengthening on my muscles lifting the trays up should add a few meters to my 240 meter drives. BOOM !!!!:)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Got round on time with a megga van load. So full was the van the Team Leader took a picture! Got loads of amazed and thumbs up messages from fellow drivers on completing on time. My wife reckons it's coz I'm getting fitter. What with that and the strengthening on my muscles lifting the trays up should add a few meters to my 240 meter drives. BOOM !!!!:)
Meters? Or do you mean yrads? ?

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
So have moved in, bit of a nightmare.

The wife's car broke down on the morning of the move. We loaded all the eletrical and high value stuff in to my estate and moved it to the in laws and the wife's are we were going to use, it wouldn't start even though it had the day before. It was parked in the removal men's way, managed to push it out the way. Luckily my Brother in Law is a mechanic and he fixed the issues that evening.

The removal men turned up with a too small van and said a 15 yard walk to the house was too far and refused to do the job. The owner rang and said £200 for another van and man or they were walking, at that time I was trying to push the focus away and said whatever. At least the removal men were decent. Completed by 12.30pm and in the new house by 15.30.

The Range cooker does not work, the dishwasher does not work, the alarm system has no codes or fob. The bespoke Fridge freezer area does not fit our fridge freezer. The bespoke tumble dryer space is too small for our tumble dryer no room for a vent, they had a condenser apparently.

Our other car got a puncture yesterday.

The new house has not been cleaned in 10 years, there was so much grease and dirt it was almost making us sick. Took 2 days of cleaning before we could unload.

Now to the good stuff, the new house is very big with lots of room, we have managed to unpack everything and built the new bed for the youngest and set up the study for work tomorrow and my eldest is fully set up ready for schooling.

I have never been as tired or stressed as in these last 4 days.

We have a new cooker coming Tuesday on my 50th Birthday.

Just waiting on replies from Estate Agents and Solicitors re the issues but not holding my breath.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The wife's car broke down on the morning of the move. We loaded all the eletrical and high value stuff in to my estate and moved it to the in laws and the wife's are we were going to use, it wouldn't start even though it had the day before. It was parked in the removal men's way, managed to push it out the way. Luckily my Brother in Law is a mechanic and he fixed the issues that evening.

The removal men turned up with a too small van and said a 15 yard walk to the house was too far and refused to do the job. The owner rang and said £200 for another van and man or they were walking, at that time I was trying to push the focus away and said whatever. At least the removal men were decent. Completed by 12.30pm and in the new house by 15.30.

The Range cooker does not work, the dishwasher does not work, the alarm system has no codes or fob. The bespoke Fridge freezer area does not fit our fridge freezer. The bespoke tumble dryer space is too small for our tumble dryer no room for a vent, they had a condenser apparently.

The new house has not been cleaned in 10 years, there was so much grease and dirt it was almost making us sick. Took 2 days of cleaning before we could unload.

Now to the good stuff, the new house is very big with lots of room, we have managed to unpack everything and built the new bed for the youngest and set up the study for work tomorrow and my eldest is fully set up ready for schooling.

Just waiting on replies from Estate Agents and Solicitors re the issues but not holding my breath.

Geez that sounds like a battle :( at least youre sorted and youll soon have the house how you want it :)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Did the movers come round and estimate the size of van, if so, and they were aware of all the items, then it’s a bit rich

I always go in with a tape measure weeks before and measure everything, the tumble dryer is a schoolboy error

Everything else , sounds not good, but I can guarantee your place isn’t as dirty as the one we moved into 4 years ago

Good luck, you will get there ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Did the movers come round and estimate the size of van, if so, and they were aware of all the items, then it’s a bit rich

I always go in with a tape measure weeks before and measure everything, the tumble dryer is a schoolboy error

Everything else , sounds not good, but I can guarantee your place isn’t as dirty as the one we moved into 4 years ago

Couldnt do me a favour and go and measure a house in Hertfordshire for me next week plse Phil could you ;)

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site

Nope they wanted me to film the property and then they would google earth it due to covid so I did. They were useless however there was not much choice of companies and they had a good local reputation, well they did :). We did eventually negotiate a price which is higher than agreed but only by around £70 but still not impressed as I actually moved the garage including all my golf and fishign stuff as well as all electricals my self. Still all done

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

All credit to you for posting this in the positivity thread and not random irritations (y)

I've not moved much at all BUT each time have left the place the cleanest it ever was whilst I lived there. I'd be mortified to leave it in a filthy state.