Poor little Ashley Cole

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ashley makes more in a month than some people earn in their lifetimes. Ashley blunders at Wembley and lets Kazakhstan score. The England establishment (Capello, Ferdinand, Lampard) take offence at the reaction of the crowd. Yes, they booed Ashley. So, what? Who do these guys think they are? Ashley might like to try working in a DSS office.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
they all think they are untouchables who do not want their credibility damaged, or there feelings hurt that is why they take offense. To be honest though it shows a lack of professionalism if you let it affect you, how do you think he gets treated when he returns to play against arsenal.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Not a world class player IMO.
To be honest I think he's poor to say the least. Just a typical over rated prima donna in the same mould as Lampard. How many flashes of brilliance did we see from him last night?
There are far, far better players (not necessarily English) who earn a fraction of what those two earn.

Cole's got a well fit wife though!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
this may be controversial but Lampard was streets ahead of Gerrard yesterday.
set up was daft from the start, very lopsided. it demanded that Walcott should be firing on all cylinders from the off
. . . and surely we have better than Heskey

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
don't get me started on Emile Heskey! how can anyone rate him... seriously I didn't like him during his long since past prime. He does not have the ability to play international football, whether he ever did is debatable I feel he didn't but others may differ in opinion which is fine. I don't think there can be too much debate in the fact that at the moment he is absolutely 100% out of his depth on the international stage, he is lethargic to say the least- he doesn't even offer much of an aerial threat in my opinion and other than his perhaps considered intimidating presence he brings nothing to the table. Defoe is on the bench, play him! He is easily more likely to get a goal than Heskey. Stone me Crouch is more suited to the modern constraints of the international game. If we qualify and Heskey is in the World cup squad, complete with his newly qualified for bus pass, for 2010 I will never watch England play again!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
W@nker - how he ended up with her I'll never know......

Very strange, especially after her conviction for a racist assault (I doubt the race element though) and we all know those rumours about what ashley cole does with mobile phones!

They really are an odd couple and she is wasted with him, I really like cheryl, not in a pervy way just that she seems nice.

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
W@nker - how he ended up with her I'll never know......

Very strange, especially after her conviction for a racist assault (I doubt the race element though) and we all know those rumours about what ashley cole does with mobile phones!

They really are an odd couple and she is wasted with him, I really like cheryl, not in a pervy way just that she seems nice.

I quite like her in a pervy way, to be perfectly honest... :eek: :D

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Asley summed himself in his autobiography.
" I nearly crashed my Porsche when I found out Arsenal were only offering me £60 grand a week" Just how far can the deluded little tosser get from reality?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with all of the above especially dangermouse.

lampard came out and said he thought it was disgusting. He is the best left back in the world!
He isn't the best left back at Chelsea. Bridge is a far better defender and isn't that the criteria for defending?
What is disgusting is the amount of money they are earning. They have all lost touch with reality. No pride in the shirt and couldn't give a toss about the result, they get paid anyway.

Lampard has got to be the most over rated player to pull on the 3 lions shirt.
Gerrard did nothing.
Why take Barry off?
Rooney the hero???? He was anonymous for most of the game.
Heskey... If you are going to play a big man/lump up front then give them some ball in the air. We may as well have played a midget.(defoe)
I would like to see Ashton get a run. Would also like to see agbonlahor (sp) given a run

NotQuiteTiger

Club Champion
Visit site
Regarding the booing, surely the fans have the right to voice there own opinions? Who are ferdinand, cole etc to tell us what we can and cant say? Why oh why oh why doesnt everyone boycott the next england match, let them play with no one there to show them that without fans these overpaid wazzocks are nothing. Over the last 2-3 years I have lost all love and repect for football because of the stupid people playing it. Mind you I feel sorry for that slave ronaldo!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can see i'm in a majority of one here !!! If the crowd booed A Cole because of his mistake then why didn't they boo Gerrard everytime he misplaced a pass - which admittedly would have meant a lot of booing - or David James when he nearly let that shot slip through his fingers . No , this isn't about a players display , it's about fans using it as an excuse to focus their anger and hatred on an England footballer .

I'll admit , i don't like Liverpool or rate Gerrard.....but when he pull's on an England shirt , he gets my full backing . Same with Rio Ferdinand , my dislike of him is suspended for he time he's on the pitch , playing for the 3 lions .

And how can you blame the players for taking the big wages when they're offered ? Rememeber that they have a short career at the top and they generate a lot of money for their respective clubs . Personally , i think they're just too easy a target these days .

NotQuiteTiger

Club Champion
Visit site
I think after the 1st half there was a lot of discontent showed to the whole team by the fans. Obviously a year or so ago the whole team was booed to buggery then. Unfortunatly, and I dont know why, but the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney all play exceptionally well for there clubs (except Rooney actually) but they never perform for England, why? No idea. Ashley Cole has never covered himself in glory with his actions both on and off the pitch, at least some of the other players do seem to have a bit of class about them. I see your point nomadpaul, the whole deserved it, but Ashley Cole does come across a little s*!t that deserves a good slap.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
can't quite agree NQT, Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard have played well for England but not consistently - maybe one good one followed by seemingly endless dross. and <u>that</u> is the real problem - we know they can do it and are fed up waiting for it to happen.

as for why boo, a simple release of pent up frustration. let's face it the first half was p*ss poor yet the crowd was quite restrained at half time. then we manage a couple of goals (with their help!) and a stupid, thoughtless, error that you wouldn't accept in the park on a Sunday gifts them a way back. how often have we thrown games away in that situation?
at least we seem to started to realise that it's ok to score goals. would that we had some goal poachers left. the likes of Lineker and Wright weren't afraid to shoot.

NotQuiteTiger

Club Champion
Visit site
At the end of the day we all want the same thing, which is for england to play well. I dont mind if we lose as long as we cant say we didnt try. Somehow Mr Cappello has got to get all these players playing as a team and if he can then we have the players to do well in most competitions.