Please comment

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Link no workee!

While I can understand what you mean, I normally associate 'casting' with the start of the downswing rather than halfway down. Problem in that area is normally 'early release'. What was the fix?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi

I had a lesson a few weeks ago, and was told I was casting the club just as my left arm got to parralel with the ground on my downswing. Feels a lot better, comments please

http://swingreader.com/video/view/4gHj3akH/6-iron

Your link isn't working too well. (I'm not sure if you can embed swing reader vids)

Regarding your swing I think you could still do with slightly wider takeaway. You set off quite nice but cheat just as you get close to parallel and bring it back inside with your hands.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
That was another thing he told me to change, my take away was exaggerated and resulted in me taking the club back way outside my hands, so at least that has worked, just a bit too much though. I do think the camera angle makes it look inside, but if you look at my hand they dont seem to chenge the club. But I may be wrong

In relation to casting, I was told it is just another word for early release, regardless of where it takes place.

Does anyone know how to get link to work???

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Link now workis that s fine.

Balance doesn't quite seem to be A1 as indicated by the wobble at follow through, otherwise looks Ok. JustOne is probably better placed to comment on things going on in that swing.

Casting and ER are slightly (or slightly more) different things. I tend to think of casting as a problem mainly of the elbows, ER as one mainly of the wrists. The effect of either/both is the elimination of any club-head lag, so the swing becomes a low power sweep with no 'snap' at impact.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Your weight seems a bit forwards, more on your toes, so you finish off balance.

Do you shank often? If not, you're lucky!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Doesn't look like you are casting to me, looks pretty good through the ball actually. Only thing I would say is that you're bringing the club down steeper than it's going up on a little bit of an 'over the top' line. On the backswing when the LEFT arm is parallel to the ground it's a bit deep (too far inside) bit of a low inside takeaway and then steepening on the downswing.

Here's a good vid by Monte at GolfWRX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Z-s99Jlq0Mc

You don't need to be exactly parallel to that line as he shows but yours is quite a lot more inside than that.... somewhere in the middle would be nice.

Weight might be a little on your toes but then that might be the swingreader thing which is CRAP for looking at swings as it's like looking through a fish lense.

Last edited:

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Doesn't look like you are casting to me, looks pretty good throuh the ball actually. Only thing I would say is that you're bringing the club down steeper than it's going up on a little bit of an 'over the top' line. On the backswing when the LEFT arm is parallel to the ground it's a bit deep (too far inside) bit of a low inside takeaway and then steepening on the downswing.

Here's a good vid by Monte at GolfWRX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Z-s99Jlq0Mc

You don't need to be exactly parellel to that line as he shows but yours is quite a lot more inside than that.... somewhere in the middle would be nice.

Weight might be a little on your toes but then that might be the swingreader thing which is CRAP for looking at swings as it's like looking through a fish lense.

I used to be quite upright from te hips up, and too much flex in my knees, so pro had me straighten out my legs a little and bend over more from the hips. A Lot to change so happy so far.

I agree with the balance, and that swing felt OTT to me and looking at it again can see the transition takes the club out instead of in. Plenty to work on to get my handicap down. Best bounce game is 11 over, aiming to get HCAP to 15 this season

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't think it looks to bad actually. You have a very flat swing but you're not coming over the top, this can be seen by the ball hitting the net directly in front of where you are aiming. Nothing wrong with a flat swing, Kuchar has done pretty well with his.

My main concern with a flat swing is that it's easier to hit the ball a bit thinner than with a more upright swing but if it works for you then stick with it

:thup:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty much the same swing as me at the moment. I am working on the same things the video is telling, just getting more on the right, plane.

Currently going round in mid 80s but I will get lower if I can stop hitting the odd thin!