Playing to your age and below

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what proportion of golfers are over 70 and can shoot under par, 75 and shoot level par or just over, 80 and and shoot a handful over?

not many in those groups, 1 in 100k doesnt seem that daft to me

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I know two who have done it. One friend, aged 74 shot 69 on an admittedly shortish course & another, former 8 times club champion, shot 78, aged around 82, around our home course. Perhaps not as rare as you think. I'm 75 & am capable of scoring birdies all but two holes on the course. I've got high hopes that there's a window of two or three years before old age really takes a hold. Watch this space!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A good few years ago I played Easter Moffat GC seniors open with a 72-year old who score scratch 72, he was a member at Gleneagles.
Lovely chap, after the round he gave me 6 almost brand new ProV1s in an egg box, told me he finds 100s of Pro Vs at Gleneagles.

D

Deleted member 1147

I known 3 old boys at my place who can/have done it.
All either late 70’s or early 80’s.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have only ever beaten my current age 3 times and the last time was over 5 years ago. A sub par round is something that I seriously doubt that I will ever be achieve again.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Yes indeed but I was thinking of a course you may know - Chipping Norton - par 72 slope 133
Is that the Cotswold Club (name change)?
If so, I'm due to play there this weekend.

I don't think you said if you had achieved the feat, if so well done.

If a member there, and have been a few years you may know a Scottish senior who I played a fair bit of golf with the last couple years, after he left Cotswold.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can confirm that you can keep ahead of the game and it seems to get easier the older you get. My WHS playing record shows that I have done it 4 times in the last year, including a round last Thursday.

I have a birthday in 3 weeks time so it should get easier for the next year.

If you are remotely interested, my profile divulges my age.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I can confirm that you can keep ahead of the game and it seems to get easier the older you get. My WHS playing record shows that I have done it 4 times in the last year, including a round last Thursday.

I have a birthday in 3 weeks time so it should get easier for the next year.

If you are remotely interested, my profile divulges my age.

Respect... that's great stuff.

I also beat your age yesterday... but I'm only a nipper(relatively)