Playing the wrong Ball in Greensomes

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Played greenstone today and after my drive and my partners approach which I saw land and settle down in the semi rough I walked to it an found what i thought was my ball as it had similar markings an proceed to chip on the the green, when my PP marked it he asked if I was playing an Ultra, No. So had played the wrong ball so 2 shot penalty get that, but we found my ball and could not decide whether it was still my shot or my PP?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I assume it was stroke match play.
As you made the mistake, you must correct it.

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
[Discreet cough]. Had it been match play, they would have lost the hole, would they not?
Yes, I noticed I had mistyped last night when I saw apj0524's reply and thought I had corrected it. But obviously forgot to save the edit. But have done it now.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
How odd. You corrected yourself at 10.12 last night but the post wasn't showing when I commented at 08.16 this morning. Never mind. It's of no consequence compared with my worsening troubles with wedge or putter in hand. There is some sort of disconnect between my brain and my hands resulting today in several 30cm putts being missed and, horror of horrors, stabbing the ground with my wedge some 10 cms behind the ball without even giving it a fright. If this is a terminal condition, I'll give up. :cry:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
How odd. You corrected yourself at 10.12 last night but the post wasn't showing when I commented at 08.16 this morning. Never mind. It's of no consequence compared with my worsening troubles with wedge or putter in hand. There is some sort of disconnect between my brain and my hands resulting today in several 30cm putts being missed and, horror of horrors, stabbing the ground with my wedge some 10 cms behind the ball without even giving it a fright. If this is a terminal condition, I'll give up. :cry:
We ought to join up. I can't now get a wood or hybrid off the ground but my putting an chipping had been brilliant since we started leaving the flags in.