Playing numbers

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Google popped up 1.5 million playing once a week... 3.9 million occasionals who play once a year...according to the R&A.

Those of 65? No idea...interestingly, the average age of the membership of my club has fallen by over 10 years in the past 5 years... it is now 56. (I guess a few very old ones have gone to play upstairs and the drive to encourage juniors is going well.... we also offer staged discounts between ages 18 and 35.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Several reports say that there are around 1 million 'registered*' players in the UK

By registered I assume they mean they are affiliated to one of the Golf Unions.

I did see one report that there are around 4 million including those that only played once in the previous year but I think that is the figure for Europe

I have seen another report that says 42% of golfers are aged over 60

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Google popped up 1.5 million playing once a week... 3.9 million occasionals who play once a year...according to the R&A.

Those of 65? No idea...interestingly, the average age of the membership of my club has fallen by over 10 years in the past 5 years... it is now 56. (I guess a few very old ones have gone to play upstairs and the drive to encourage juniors is going well.... we also offer staged discounts between ages 18 and 35.
Do you play at Monmouth GC? That course is guaranteed to finish off Seniors early

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that's a bit rude, im trying to do some research, this is obviously not the place to do it.
Thank you for your input though.

Maybe a touch of;
'Hi, I'm new to the site and was wondering whether you people could help me with a bit of research I'm doing about golfers' profiles in the UK'.
I'm not trying to be rude, I just thought it a bit of a strange first post.
My mistake. (y)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey, I've just seen your Golf Membership Numbers thread ......................................... much better. (y)