Playing golf in the IOM

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello, I'm taking my Mum to the IOM on Saturday for a week, it's to celebrate her 80th, and was her choice!! but that wont take all week, so as I'm taxi driver, thought I'd pop a carry bag in. I see there is 9 courses and Ramsey caught my eye.

We are staying in Port Erin, but no where is that far away, just wondered if any one had been and had any good stories.........if it's about awfull crossings and boats nearly sinking........ please I'm going to buy some pills.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played Castletown several times when I was there for week a few years ago and it was superb. Considered to be the best course on the island and has featured in GM's top 100 courses before. A top class links, the 17th is a fantastic hole.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ramsay used to have on its wine list, a beautiful bottle of red called Lachryma Christae - the tears of Christ

Make sure you say hello to the fairies, otherwise you won't play well :)

And have a ride on "my" steam trains if they havent stopped for winter

Beautiful island

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Ramsay used to have on its wine list, a beautiful bottle of red called Lachryma Christae - the tears of Christ

Make sure you say hello to the fairies, otherwise you won't play well :)

And have a ride on "my" steam trains if they havent stopped for winter

Beautiful island

Thank you Sev, think you've just given me a plan for a day, ....glass or two of red.........round of golf........another glass and i'll be away with the fairies.......

Whilst Mum goes round the island on a steam train.........lovely.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
If you're just playing 1 round it has to be Castletown, only 10 minutes from Port Erin & definitely the best course on the island it will be windy though & has no clubhouse for post match drinks! Peel is probably the next best then Ramsey, both established parkland courses that aren't too long.

Its lashing it down at the moment so don't forget waterproofs.

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
If you're just playing 1 round it has to be Castletown, only 10 minutes from Port Erin & definitely the best course on the island it will be windy though & has no clubhouse for post match drinks! Peel is probably the next best then Ramsey, both established parkland courses that aren't too long.

Its lashing it down at the moment so don't forget waterproofs.

Sounds like you have insider information. I had a look at the forum map to see if any forumers lived their, only found one member in the middle of the Irish sea.

Brolly and water proofs ready, and bought some new shoes that may keep out the wet so ready for what the Island has to offer.......