Performance Driven Shorts

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I was mildly amused today to get a promotional email entitled "Performance-Driven Shorts" from a well known golf apparel organisation.

They are all nice shorts, and I am sure the "engineered fabric ensuring breathability", the "4 way stretch providing complete freedom in your swing" and "one way moisture wicking fabric keeping your skin dry" will get this high handicapper some substantial cuts.

I had considered cancelling some forthcoming lessons, and getting some "performance shorts" instead. To be fair, I'd never even considered this as an option. However, the shorts are £75. So I'll stick to the lessons and my non performance shorts.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was mildly amused today to get a promotional email entitled "Performance-Driven Shorts" from a well known golf apparel organisation.

They are all nice shorts, and I am sure the "engineered fabric ensuring breathability", the "4 way stretch providing complete freedom in your swing" and "one way moisture wicking fabric keeping your skin dry" will get this high handicapper some substantial cuts.

I had considered cancelling some forthcoming lessons, and getting some "performance shorts" instead. To be fair, I'd never even considered this as an option. However, the shorts are £75. So I'll stick to the lessons and my non performance shorts.

I’ve just bought a pair of these. Cost me £125 though as I opted for the limited edition tour styling, meant to be even better than the entry level standard performance driven ones. ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw that email.

Chuckled when I read it.

I did however Own a lovely pair of Mizuno MP shoes a few years ago. Bought them as they just looked mega smart.

when I opened the box there was instructions included. The instructions basically showed that if you changed the configuration of the spikes then due to they way they gripped the grass, it would actually give you magic ability to fade or draw the ball...

?????

I kid you not. Comical.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Saw that email.

Chuckled when I read it.

I did however Own a lovely pair of Mizuno MP shoes a few years ago. Bought them as they just looked mega smart.

when I opened the box there was instructions included. The instructions basically showed that if you changed the configuration of the spikes then due to they way they gripped the grass, it would actually give you magic ability to fade or draw the ball...

?????

I kid you not. Comical.

I know you're not allowed to adjust your driver or other adjustable clubs during a round but if I've set up my shoes for a fade and then want to hit a draw, what's the score on spike adjustment during a round?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know you're not allowed to adjust your driver or other adjustable clubs during a round but if I've set up my shoes for a fade and then want to hit a draw, what's the score on spike adjustment during a round?
Your not allowed to adjust your equipment mid round, end of. However I think its permitted to swap your shoes to the other foot which should do the trick ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sums up golf gear in general really though.
All shoes are maximum comfort, some even give you more power ?

Lost count of the amount of balls that have the best distance/spin/control/feel ?

Every TaylorMade and Callaway driver is the "longest ever", even longer than last month's "longest ever" ?
This is the thing that annoys me the most. Literally every ball says it gives superior distance to the point that it's a totally irrelevant statement. If someone tested every ball in existence, one of them would have to be the shortest one, but you can guarantee they're still claiming to have superior distance on the box.

sunshine

Visit site
I can see it now, middle row of Lidl :
"Simply Dimply - £6.99 per dozen" ?

I think you’re on to something here, hurry up and trademark it!

They sound a bit cheap though. On the other hand, Simply Dimply Tour could retail for £30 per dozen easy. I’ve just increased your margin exponentially. Then add the Simply Dimply Tour X and Tour XS models and away you go. Add another fiver for the same ball but with a high number on it.