Paving slabs

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a concrete step outside the front door of my house and I want to lay some paving slabs. They are 40cm x 30cm in size and I want to lay them directly onto the concrete step.

What prep do I need to do the concrete slab to ensure the adhesive bonds adequately?

U

User62651

You dont need prep other than making sure the slab and step surfaces are both clean if you're using the correct concrete adhesive. Maybe avoid frosty or damp days too for better drying.

Would a thin layer of mortar with PVA for strength added not ensure a neater and even join, something you can tuckpoint for neatness if people can see the join of slab on step?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hope that ended well. As for me, I just hired this pavers Newcastle contractor when I also needed help in paving my patio. That way, I didn’t have to worry about anything as they did all the work for me. These experts helped me choose the right type of paver, supplied the necessary paving materials, and professionally installed the pavers. So in case you encountered such problem again, I think it’ll be better to seek the help of the experts. Doing that will prevent you from having an ugly pavement or worse, damaging your property.
Goodness, he is laying a few slabs on top of concrete.
Is your company that desperate for work.o_O