Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have just been speaking to our coalman and he is expecting a shortage of coal this winter! I've got my order in now.
It wouldn't surprise me at all tho tbh. Considering the cable with France that supplies electric had a fire and won't be fully operational until march they have had to turn on the mothballed coal power stations (increasing the wholesale price of electric from like 1.5p to 7p pkwh) and prob stealing a lot of the coal

My most local station has sold out again (has diesel only remaining). I went to another nearby station though and got in straight away, no queues. However, as I said in random irritations, whoever was there before me only bought £6 worth of petrol so I guess people are still panicking. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back to normal here. I guess the Brexit issues blamed for this have been solved in 10 days. :censored:
I doubt it. All that has happened is that the irregular/panic buying has stopped. The shortage of tanker and HGV drivers, that we all know about now, will not have been sorted in 10 days. Seems like some of the UKs JIT supply chains are not very resilient and, as a result of permanently operating close to tipping point, are subject to failure given relatively small changes in supply or demand.

Last edited:
My most local station has sold out again (has diesel only remaining). I went to another nearby station though and got in straight away, no queues. However, as I said in random irritations, whoever was there before me only bought £6 worth of petrol so I guess people are still panicking. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Could be just a groundsman / gardener filling his Jerry for the mower!
Woman in front of us yesterday pulled up by the pump and didn’t get any fuel she just went into the shop for some milk.
There is a massive car park on the site ( Tesco )
A few people waiting behind us let her know what they thought.

Could be just a groundsman / gardener filling his Jerry for the mower!
Woman in front of us yesterday pulled up by the pump and didn’t get any fuel she just went into the shop for some milk.
There is a massive car park on the site ( Tesco )
A few people waiting behind us let her know what they thought.
Let me guess.. she driving a BMW or an Audi..