Pairs matchplay Handicaps

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Hi all,

What are the allowances for pairs matchplay handicaps and how does it work exactly please?

Data as follows if anyone wants it:

B Dill - 15.2 - 16 CH
Dad - 17.9 - 19 CH

Opponent 1 - 12.0 - 13 CH
Opponent 2 - 19.6 - 21 CH

Match coming on Sunday and want to ensure I calculate the handicaps of sides correctly!

Thanks in advance

Ben

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

What are the allowances for pairs matchplay handicaps and how does it work exactly please?

Data as follows if anyone wants it:

B Dill - 15.2 - 16 CH
Dad - 17.9 - 19 CH

Opponent 1 - 12.0 - 13 CH
Opponent 2 - 19.6 - 21 CH

Match coming on Sunday and want to ensure I calculate the handicaps of sides correctly!

Thanks in advance

Ben
90% of each is:
you - 14
Dad - 17

Opp1 - 12
Opp2 - 19

All players get shots off Opp1

you - 2
Dad - 5

Opp1 - 0
Opp2 - 7

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Obviously wasn't for the OP:rolleyes:

As I said in post #14 just have it in the rules of the competition.
Yup. We've been very specific on matchplay handicaps as the WHS has caused so much confusion in general, folks really don't know what's going on. Poor from the club.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I still know of groups in their informal little get togethers who use the old 90% of the difference method when playing 4BBB because they stubbornly believe that the old and new methods deliver exactly the same results in all cases.

Swango1980

Visit site
I still know of groups in their informal little get togethers who use the old 90% of the difference method when playing 4BBB because they stubbornly believe that the old and new methods deliver exactly the same results in all cases.
That is easy to resolve. Just let them continue to do what they do. And, when their opponents do it the correct way, and on that occasion the final outcome is different, then they will be proved wrong without any doubt.