Pairings for the US Open Qualifying at Walton Heath today

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Awesome! Cant wait to get there. I didnt realise so many big names were playing! I suppose I wasnt really sure how it all worked, but this is a great opportunity to see some top players :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just spoke with a buddy at my club just back from a morning there. Free entry and parking. He walked round with Alejandro Canizares and Soren Hansen.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Awesome awesome day! Arrived at about 9:15, bumped into my friend on the way there, we parked up and went to the edge of the 7th green on the new course to see Olazabal pitching in and putting for a birdie, then he and Billy Hemstock teed off on the 8th, we then wandered about for a bit before settling on a space by the 14th tee's on both courses (they are back to back with each other) which was a great spot, and saw a whole host of players come through, including David Howell, Larrazabal, Monty, Simon Khan, Simon Dyson, Marc Warren, Thomas Aiken, Casey, Cabrera-Bello and Alvaro Quiros.

We had a bite to eat then deciced to watch a whole match from 1st to 18th on their 2nd round, so chose Paul Casey and Rafa Cabrera Bello and boy did we chose well, Casey turned in 5 under, Rafa 1 under and in the end Casey shot an 8 under 64 and Cabrera Bello 2 under 70. Brilliant golf, so Im sure Casey will qualify, but not sure what other scores there were. Someone said Olazabal shot 67 in the morning so he might be in with a shout too..

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Apparently there's a play-off between 6 for the final 5 spots.
Parry, Doak, Karlberg,Goya, Howell and Olly.
I know Eddie Pepperell has qualified as he tweeted a while back...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Howell, Olazabal and Parry make an early breakthrough in the play-off. Karlberg, Goya & Doak still fighting for the last two spaces

T

thecraw

Howell, Olazabal and Parry make an early breakthrough in the play-off. Karlberg, Goya & Doak still fighting for the last two spaces

Goya I'm sure that's Carly Booth's jockey.

Hope big Doaky pulls it off.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Didn't watch anyone in particular, just kinda walked about. Pepperell qualified which is pretty good considering his past few days, as well as Simon Khan. Felt sorry for the guy who lost out in the 6 man playoff... but that's what you get when you miss a 6 footer (to qualify) then hit your next tee shot 50yds straight into a tree!!!

Was kinda cool to see Olly in the flesh.... oddly it was just like watching him on tele :mad:

I kept wanting to shout out "This one's for you Seve!!!" :p

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Came up for about an hour and a half with Mrs BiM. Watched a few different groups and ended up walking 17 & 18 on the New with Espen Kofstad & JB Hansen. Kofstad was stupid long; nearly drove the 17th which by my calculations was the thick end of 380 yards to the front edge, then dumped it in the cross bunker on 18, which is 327 yards from the tee with a 3 wood. Casually up and downed it for a finishing birdie.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just looked at the number of retirees in this one; only 64 players did the full 36 holes! 3 didn't even strike a ball. I can understand why some dropped out, but a morning 69 and you retire? And kudos to Gareth Maybin, 81 in the morning but toughed it out to do the full 36 holes rather than jack it in. Be interesting to see some of the reasons for retirement. Full list here;

http://www.europeantour.com/mm/document/tournament/tournaments/19/38/88/_english.pdf