Pairings...Casey gone already?

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Thank goodness the pairings have been done now, gives me something else to focus on to take away the fact that the first televised action is still 27.5 hours away.

Reckon poor old Casey is out of the running already - playing with Tiger must be too much for him. Like Monty and Langer together and Woosnam and Tim "Lumpy" Herron is amusing.

Anyone know how they do the pairings at Augusta? Is it supposed to be "out the hat" (right!) or do they just admit that they set it all up?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Glad i put my bets on after the draw- I think Casey being drawn with Tiger makes a big difference- its tough enough to win a major anyway but playing with Tiger for the first two rounds must make it so much harder.

B

birdieman

Disagree with the above, I reckon Casey is so cocky and self-assured he will positively enjoy being in the spotlight. He's also a long hitter so wont need to overhit to keep up with TW. I seem to remember his asking to go up against Tiger in the 2004 Ryder Cup.
Don't think Casey will win but I think he'll be top 5.
More concerned about Baddeley -I've got money on him each way but he could melt in the presence of TW.

B

birdieman

Baddeley -what a waste of hard earned coin. My tips are rapidly going up in smoke and it's only round 1! This year's masters is anyone's, probably one of the US ryder cuppers will atke it, there's a bunch of them at 1 under or so. Peter Alliss is turning into David Coleman - can this man get anything right?
Good job Richie Ramsay.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah, well played Richie. It could have been better too. Let's hope he makes the cut. Baddeley - useless. It's really annoying when your bets play themselves out of contention before you've even settled into your sofa to start watching. Stenson is still in there, so I've still got a chance of some cash.

B

birdieman

nearing end of round 2 and Casey is giving woods a real doing, -4 to Woods +3. Way to go Casey.