pain in fingers after round

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
recently i've been having pain in certain parts of my fingers after a round.
i've realized that the jumbo grips are too big for me, so i'm assuming this is likely the cause. Would that make sense ? when i used interlocking grip the pain was much worse and on the lower area of my right handed pinky. now, using overlapping grip, the pain isn't as severe but it's on the lower area of my left handed index finger !
would the reason for this be that my grip's are too big ?
--alex

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You would need hands like shovels to use jumbo grips on anything other than a putter. I'm dropping from mid size to standard grips once I have a session with my pro to check shaft length

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
You would need hands like shovels to use jumbo grips on anything other than a putter. I'm dropping from mid size to standard grips once I have a session with my pro to check shaft length
haha yes i realised ! my old coach recommended them - hands have been really uncomfortable since i started using to them, so now switching back to standard with 3 layers of tape

T

thecraw

I get pain in my fingers and hands when its freezing cold. I do suffer badly though with circulation in my extremities.

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
Being a little bit older these days and more susceptible to little aches and pains I usually take some ibuprofen (400mg)or another anti inflammatory about half an hour before my round. If your are prone to a bit of swelling in the hands or back pain, especially back pain, during a round, it definitely helps and lets you swing more naturally for longer.

if you don't mind using ibuprofen on a proactive basis in this way, give it a try, it might help, although my hand problem is more arthritic than due to repetitive gripping.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
my fingers ache when i use an interlocking lock. i tend to shy away from using it for that reason.

I had to give up the interlocking grip as my little fingers got so sore and swollen.

Hated the baseball grip at first but now used to it and hands don't hurt.

I used to take ibuprofen before every round but have recently weaned myself off it