Open stance, all clubs?

Wooky

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all.
I have been experimenting a little lately with posture, weight distribution & stance.
I have been trying to get a comfortable & repeatable swing that works for me.
I have found that if I distribute my weight evenly & use a 4 inch open stance with all clubs including the driver, this produces a comfortable (for me) position.

I also find that this position tends to stop me over swinging or trying to hit too hard, I also find it easier to transfer my weight & get through the ball.

Does anyone else use this set up? & should I just continue to use what feels right for me, or should I try a more traditional set up ( longer clubs)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi all.
I have been experimenting a little lately with posture, weight distribution & stance.
I have been trying to get a comfortable & repeatable swing that works for me.
I have found that if I distribute my weight evenly & use a 4 inch open stance with all clubs including the driver, this produces a comfortable (for me) position.

I also find that this position tends to stop me over swinging or trying to hit too hard, I also find it easier to transfer my weight & get through the ball.

Does anyone else use this set up? & should I just continue to use what feels right for me, or should I try a more traditional set up ( longer clubs)

worked pretty well for Mr Trevino:cool:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I stand slightly closed, that is working for me and is keeping me on plane. I used to stand a little open and come hugely from the inside, this was a terrible combination!

Slightly closed and slightly from the inside is working. Along with Sergio's iron tips (especially the standing up straighter one). I now feel my shoulders, knees and toes are all in one vertical line. I used to be shoulders out over the ball, then knees then toes.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I stand slightly closed, that is working for me and is keeping me on plane. I used to stand a little open and come hugely from the inside, this was a terrible combination!

Slightly closed and slightly from the inside is working. Along with Sergio's iron tips (especially the standing up straighter one). I now feel my shoulders, knees and toes are all in one vertical line. I used to be shoulders out over the ball, then knees then toes.

Very similar to SB except i tend to stand square for the shorter clubs 6-Wedges and close my stance a little for everything below that.... I also narrowed my driving stance to about hip width or every so slightly wider and stand taller which helps me turn better.....
I find if i open my stance too wide i dont transfer the weight properly and i tend to swing too flat......

Check out how open a certain Mr. Woods tends to address a ball...You might not be as open as you first thought.