Only time you would be gutted to get a hole in 1!

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After Storm hit a hole in 1 on the 11 in the Alpes walking away with a tasty car... Some poor bugger has just done the same... Don't get me wrong you would still be glad of the 1 on your card but man would you be gutted you don't get the car behind you!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A thinned shot/stuffy bounce. I'd take the 3 off the tee because the 2nd ball would have been a good shot.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bit poor of BMW IMO. If they are going to have their car behind a golf hole then think they should honour all hole in ones throughout the competition.

Most of the time they get away without giving away the car so on the rare occasion there are 2 or more HIOs they should definitely give one for each.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not poor in the slightest, no tour maneb gives away to anything more than the first one. Nothing knew in that, and all the pro's would have known it.

I admit its a damn shame, but hardly a poor show from BMW, or any of the other few dozen manufacturers that do the same.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not poor in the slightest, no tour maneb gives away to anything more than the first one. Nothing knew in that, and all the pro's would have known it.

I admit its a damn shame, but hardly a poor show from BMW, or any of the other few dozen manufacturers that do the same.
I always assumed that any hole on one got the car, not just the first one

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You have to feel sorry for the other player but I think it's a reasonable gesture by BMW. No obligation to do anything

Of course there's no obligation but it is stingy. After all, they do continue to show their car off on the tee even after it's been won.

If they only want to provide one they should remove the prize once it's been won, like a coconut stall!

Either that, or they should advertise it as a 'first hole in one prize'.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Someone I know played the Belfry recently and said he paid £9.50 for 2 coffees, so I'd hate to ace one there and have to buy a round!