Online dating, anyone done it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Right first and foremost. Am as happy as Peppa Pig in a muddy puddle.
But, I was at a wedding over Christmas at Norwood Hall, my golf course as it happens. Anyway me and Missis T got talking to a fantastic couple who met over the Internet dating site thingy 10 years ago. Anyway I was enthralled listening to there story of how they met. He was in Poland working when he answered her ad. They both however said they would never do it now due to the bunny boilers and nut cases out there now. I have spoken to lads at work who had some right horror stories. A pal who is a Millionaire said he gets some right creepy messages now women know he is loaded.
So anyone met there other half over the net and it is nice and rosy, or proper scary. Or like me did you meet your beloved at the disco.

Last edited:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
HiD and myself met through Dating Direct .com in 2005 and as your good self Tashy as happy as a pig in the proverbial. Married a year to the day we met.

Both of us had had a couple of "interesting dates" before we met ,but nowt too scary .

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never had a dabble myself but a mate and his Mrs have a friend who recently split from her husband. She went on Tinder and pretty quickly got a 'hit' from a guy who lived pretty near to her. She told him that she was looking for a long term relationship but he openly told her he was only interested in one thing. Half an hour later she was helping him out with that 'thing'.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Know a couple who met, married and have two kids via a dating site. Never tried it as I've been with HID for 25 years (married for 17) and as happy as the OP. Not sure internet dating existed back in 1992. We met on a blind date!

Tashyboy

Visit site
Never had a dabble myself but a mate and his Mrs have a friend who recently split from her husband. She went on Tinder and pretty quickly got a 'hit' from a guy who lived pretty near to her. She told him that she was looking for a long term relationship but he openly told her he was only interested in one thing. Half an hour later she was helping him out with that 'thing'.

Ironing? Give us a flippin clue.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Superb stuff 😂😂😂
Never been on one myself, been with the wife for 16 years now and married for 8.
I would give it a blast if I was single though ;)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never been on one, or even had thoughts to.
Been married 32 yrs this May. Never wished I wasn't , and it's fair to say I got lucky:)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife has two friends, divorced recently, who have started this process. Neither have gone on dates yet but the disturbing thing is how many married men are on there, they recognised some and they were definitely not separated.

There were also clearly a number of out and out liars on there, pictures and profiles just not adding up. It's amazing how many Parisian men in their mid 20's are interested in women from the NE in their 50's!

It can work well, I do know some success stories, but you do have to be careful.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yep, been doing it for 6-7 years now.

Been with people from all over the UK, men and women, some old and some barely legal. Also had the pleasure of doing it in groups, which can be fun. I've tried to talk the missus into it, but she doesnt fancy it just yet. Met some who are very straight-laced and some who are downright wierdoes, but life is a Minestrone........
We are taking about GM forum arent we - internet dating for golfers, as Junior's missus calls it.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Yep, been doing it for 6-7 years now.

Been with people from all over the UK, men and women, some old and some barely legal. Also had the pleasure of doing it in groups, which can be fun. I've tried to talk the missus into it, but she doesnt fancy it just yet. Met some who are very straight-laced and some who are downright wierdoes, but life is a Minestrone........
We are taking about GM forum arent we - internet dating for golfers, as Junior's missus calls it.

And that post had me riveted til the last sentence 😟

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a go a few times 7 years ago.
Psychos everywhere. Misleading pictures, phone calls and texts telling me I’m a scum bag.
All good fun.

Saying that my missus does this now. Maybe it’s just women in general and not just the ones on dating sites!

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
My best mate met his wife through it a decade ago when it was still somewhat unfashionable, they convinced most people that they’d met through Work.

Have dabbled led on the usual suspects, depending on what you want from them they can be great or awful......