One plane golf swing...power

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
Where would you say the power / speed comes from in a 1ps??

Would it be from the ground up and essentially from a quick hip turn or
would it come more from the core ie powering your torso through the shot.

I'm currently reading Jim hardys masterclass and i'm confused :confused:

Cheers

drutz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My pro is getting me to use this the same plane swing and the power comes from the hips and turn rather than anything else. The down swing is triggered from the hips first then the rest follows.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Rotation. The club gets more behind you (deeper) rather than UP meaning that you can uncoil on plane rather than having to drop the club downwards. Couple that with slightly more angled shoulder turn (left shoulder turns more downwards) and deeper hip turn and you simply unwind.

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
so as long as you clear you your hips and maintain spine angle you can uncoil your shoulders as fast as you want?

hope so,i like the idea of that :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rotation. The club gets more behind you (deeper) rather than UP meaning that you can uncoil on plane rather than having to drop the club downwards. Couple that with slightly more angled shoulder turn (left shoulder turns more downwards) and deeper hip turn and you simply unwind.

I think that sum it up nicely and if only it was so simple in practice. I've been on the one plane course with my teaching pro since December and I am hitting it as well in 2012 as I have in many years. Better ball striking, I've taken the right side out of play (bad shot now a hook) and I am hitting it further with less effort. If you ask those that have seen me play in 2012 regularly they will tell you I am hitting it better and 14-10 vindicate the change

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that sum it up nicely and if only it was so simple in practice. I've been on the one plane course with my teaching pro since December and I am hitting it as well in 2012 as I have in many years. Better ball striking, I've taken the right side out of play (bad shot now a hook) and I am hitting it further with less effort. If you ask those that have seen me play in 2012 regularly they will tell you I am hitting it better and 14-10 vindicate the change

Any good youtube links for this approach?