One minute

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
All Emirates FA Cup third round ties will be delayed by one minute to encourage fans to ‘Take A Minute’ to think about looking after their mental health, as part of the Heads Up campaign.

About time, I think.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s something I do for a while every day at the moment. I’ve never felt sadness like I have felt at times the last few weeks and I’m doing things to make sure my head is where it needs to be for the struggles ahead.

Everyone will find a different way to cope with what’s going on in their head - it might be as simple as writing it down to gain perspective or it might require intensive counselling and medication. But whatever it takes, do it. That’s all I can say to anyone.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Everyone needs to take a break from life’s treadmill and stop and smell the coffee, listen to the birds or just breathe.

Having had post traumatic stress treatment last year, I now know how important it this is .

No it wasnt caused by The Forum :eek::cool:

Wolf

Visit site
Actually applaud them for doing this, mental health and well being it so important and taking time to assess whete you're at, what you can and can't control and how to move on is so important. Its something I've focused on a lot in the last 18 months, taking just 5 mins each morning to prepare for the day ahead, and again 10 mins at night to digest whats going on has been so good for me. I've been fortunate not to suffer mental health issues but still feel better for doing it. Hopefully anything that helps highlight things for people can only be a positive step.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s something I do for a while every day at the moment. I’ve never felt sadness like I have felt at times the last few weeks and I’m doing things to make sure my head is where it needs to be for the struggles ahead.

Everyone will find a different way to cope with what’s going on in their head - it might be as simple as writing it down to gain perspective or it might require intensive counselling and medication. But whatever it takes, do it. That’s all I can say to anyone.
Thats the best post i have read from you, actually its maybe the best post I have read on this Forum.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HID has suffered depression and so I've seen how it can still creep up and grab you even when you think things are getting better. A great initiative but it needs so much more work and resources. A good start though and if it helps even one person recognise the signs and can get help then it has done a job

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Today is January 6th. And it's Blue Monday.

"It may seem like a rather macabre subject, but figures show that January 6 has an average of 25 per cent more deaths than the daily average.

Indeed more people have died on average on January 6 than any other day between 2005 and 2017, with an average 1,732 deaths on the sixth day of the year, compared to the overall daily average of 1,387 deaths per day.

The two days either side of January 6 also have high death rates, with January 5 and January 7 averaging just three fewer fatalities each, according to data from the Office for National Statistics analysed by the website Beyond, provider of after-life services."

Also, A & E departments will be very stretched today.
The most depressing day of the year is likely to be the 24th January.
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a big problem as the winter goes on.