Old wooden drivers?

Stoobee

Visit site
Hi all
I have recently been left a very old set of clubs which are in
somewhat of a bad state. The drivers and fairway woods are wooden with metal weight inserts. My question is: what would be the best way to clean them up(set of metal irons also). Not to play with but to display as a feature?
Regards
Stoobee

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all
somewhat of a bad state. The drivers and fairway woods are wooden with metal weight inserts. My question is: what would be the best way to clean them up(set of metal irons also). Not to play with but to display as a feature?
Regards
Stoobee

I have an even older set, all wooden woods, I was told there was very few club restorers who will do them. Only one I found was in Scotland somewhere and don't remember who it was. All they really need is a good sanding down and then refinishing but doing the groves and face properly would be too much for anyone I know who is good with wood.

If you find someone on the South Coast or in East Anglia let me know!

I would love to be able to play with my set, have given them a go but the shafts just result in a hook that flies horizontal left (very bizarre to watch!)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all
Regards
Stoobee

There is someone in St Andrews who refurbish clubs. Can't remember the name of them but it was round near Morrisons.