Old Course ballot 2019

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know if anyone here is planning on entering the ballot to pay the Old Course next year but I just received a message saying applications are being accepted from tomorrow until 5th of September

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, I will be. Does anyone know if shoulder season is very popular for Old Course applications? Was unsuccessful last year :(

D

Deleted member 21258

Cheers Louise thanks for the heads up, would probably have missed it, thanks.:thup:

Didn't get lucky last year on the advanced tee times or on the daily ballot whilst in Northumberland at the beginning of the month(still hoping my get lucky on the daily ballot when I go back to Scotland for a golfing trip later this year)

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Yes, I will be. Does anyone know if shoulder season is very popular for Old Course applications? Was unsuccessful last year :(

I've applied twice in 2013 and 2015 and was successful with an early April time both times. They did however change the pricing last year, so the shoulder season is now possibly more attractive as it's £230 for 2 courses rather than £330 in high season.

I'm disappointed with the current pricing as previously you paid the shoulder season green fee for both courses (we paid £152 to play Old Course and Eden) whereas now it is £230 regardless of second course selected.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That was my thinking - is shoulder season more attractive than high season as you don't have to play off mats and it is obviously £100 less than high season? I wouldn't apply in low season as there is no way I would want to be playing off fairway mats.

D

Deleted member 21258

I've just registered, do you get to choose when you play if selected?

When you apply tomorrow you have to pick the days/periods you are available for IIRC from last year(paying happens after they tell you if you have been successful and still okay for that date & time).

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you apply high season, if you get lucky, you will be paying the £190 green fee for The Old and then, effectively, £140 for the second course. The rack rate green fees for the other courses are all much less than £140. The Castle is the highest at £120. Seems a bit harsh, should be the Old Course green fee plus the rack rate of the second course added together. It is what it is though I guess. Will get my application in seen. Played the New already so might add The Castle or the Jubilee as the second.

D

Deleted member 21258

Yes mate instantly

kept getting thrown out but perceived and all good

I gave up yesterday morning due to it, but did it in the afternoon and same as you received an email immediately.

Anotherdouble, not sure if you are had problems like us but if you goto the home page, log in :-

https://play.standrews.com/home

and look on the screen, it tells you if an applicatioin has been submitted, my says this :-

Old Course - High Season 15 April TO 13 October 2019
Minimum of 2 and maximum of 8 golfers
2 Course Package - Old Course plus a choice of 2nd course
Cost £330 per person

Application Submitted

Hopefully that helps if you are having any problems and an easy way to check.:thup: